Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
LMAO, fuckin sweet, Bo!

Makes me want to reconsider my six-gun shifter.

It really should be facing 20-side up though, so you can feel like you scored a crit every time you put her in gear.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO, fuckin sweet, Bo!

Makes me want to reconsider my six-gun shifter.

It really should be facing 20-side up though, so you can feel like you scored a crit every time you put her in gear.
Crits are nice, but 3 has always been my lucky number.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to get one of these from American Shifter but, I ended up returning it. Theirs was 50$ and was not pre-drilled. It came with some hardware that was for a large shift arm, I think it was 1/2 inch or so. I was expecting it to be drilled with a universal type mount system with those plastic collars. I contacted them to return it and they didn't understand why I was upset. I explained, for 50$ I was expecting it to be ready to install. I wasn't going to drill holes and hunt down threaded hardware on my own. I ended up ordering the exact same 20 sided die from Amazon for 8$. For that price I didn't mind a DIY project of drilling and finding my own hardware.

·
Registered
196 Posts
What thread is it?.... I found a knob I like but unshure of the fit....

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shift rod is threaded at M8x1.25 I just got some nuts from local hardware store and some JB Weld epoxy. I driled a few inches in with a bit the same size as rod and then driled a 5/8th inch hole just enough for the nut to sit in. Epoxied the nut in place and used a second nut on the rod to lock the knob once it was in place.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What a great place for a huge gaming die .... it's unique to say the least. Also wish that I had thought of it ;-)

·
Registered
985 Posts
The shift rod is threaded at M8x1.25 I just got some nuts from local hardware store and some JB Weld epoxy. I driled a few inches in with a bit the same size as rod and then driled a 5/8th inch hole just enough for the nut to sit in. Epoxied the nut in place and used a second nut on the rod to lock the knob once it was in place.
Thanks. Ya never know when one will run into the perfect shift knob as you have. I'll be on the lookout now. I already have the JB Weld. :)

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Very original. Nice job.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks man....8o)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts