Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very appealing for the summer months but it all depends on how it could hold up in the winter. If I get a IQ I want to be able to drive all year round and not worry about it. I don't want to have a frozen stiff car every winter morning because the soft top is leaking. I would have huge buyers remorse.

Maybe a retractable hard top? Hehe

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not a fan of cabriolets because it weakens the body structure which means the cornering won't be as good. I want a car that can corner like a pro.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It depends on the price and like Overhaul said, the build/fit off the ragtop. If it was a $3000-5000 option and was a hardtop or a very good seal, then I would consider. Assuming it doesn't wreck the looks of the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would rather have a sunroof. Does anyone know if one will be offered. Had an after market added when i bought my 2005 XB and never have had a problem.

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Never I hate Cabby's. Especially small ones. I guess it comes from living in Canada. I have only had one leaky sunroof and that car was rusted out beyond belief so it didn't surprise me.

Nadeem

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think the Scion IQ convertible would look that bad... the Smart Car has a convertible version as well, while I don't love it, I don't hate it either.

That said, if it was a hard top, would it be something that you have to remove yourself and where would you store it? Storage capabilities in the IQ are already limited, so having to store a hard top may pose an issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts