Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mister gib,
I received my wood dash parts from carid yesterday. I bought the same kit you did. I was wondering if theres any trick to installing this kit. How often did you use the accelerator stuff if at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm not going to use it on the radio but I did contact them about that piece not being for my base radio.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I've installed several of these kits. Make sure the parts you covering are clean and free of dust. The acclerator can be used on small parts or tight corners, ie; vents and small dash pieces.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed installation.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Mister gib,
I received my wood dash parts from carid yesterday. I bought the same kit you did.
I was wondering if theres any trick to installing this kit. How often did you use the
accelerator stuff if at all. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not going to use it
on the radio but I did contact them about that piece not being for my base radio.
It says on the CARiD site that the radio piece is only for the base radio,
I knew that before I ordered the kit. Since I've done several of these,
here are my tips:

1. Clean and wipe the surfaces you will be covering with rubbing alcohol.
2. Make sure the pieces are at least room temperature, and for the more
curvy ones for the dash and steering wheel you might want to heat them up a
little more with a hair dryer but not too much. The extra heat allows them to
bend around the curves easier....but just heat, don't melt! And, these are
also the pieces you might want to use a little of the accelerator on. Normal
pieces should not need the accelerator if you prepared the surface correctly.
3. Do a test fit before applying so that you are sure of how they will line up with
the piece you are putting them on.
4. Lastly, unless you are absolutely sure of its fitment, just apply the piece lightly,
if you find you have to re-adjust it, it will lift back up without damage and you
can re-apply it correctly. Once you are sure, apply strong finger pressure to all
the pieces you applied to insure they completely adhere to the surface.

You should be fine, good luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you mistergib for the advice, I'm going to start the installation today. (no hurry). In regards to the radio piece, I'm not going to use it anyway. I have the base radio and the piece in the kit that they sent me has many extra holes for controls that my radio doesn't have. I got to checking around and found that this piece fits other models of scion but not the iq. I alerted carid to this but they have a hard time understanding that their kit could be wrong.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, got the trim installed thanks to the good advice from taz and mistergib. It all fit well with the exception of the radio piece which I wouldn't use any way. I'll get pictures up when I figure out how to post them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts