Scion IQ Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We delayed picking up out new iQ until tomorrow, the salesman/dealership promised they would be in by Wednesday.
Well, apparently they are not available, and it seemingly takes an act of God and some sort of special paperwork just to even order them.

Where have they all gone?

It is gonna take at least 2 weeks to get them in (so they say) and I will have to take the car back so they can swap them.

What other vehicle do they use these on?

Do you think it is fair to ask for the old steel wheels as some sort of compensation for the wait and return trip?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Not only is it fair but you shouldn't even have to ask. You've paid for the steel wheels in the purchase price. When you purchase an upgraded part for the iQ the original part should be given to you. The only exception is the audio. One other exception may be an item that was exchanged at the port rather than at your dealer. Simply tell the dealer you want your stock steel wheels bagged up and they should do it without question.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seems like there is a shortage of the alloy wheels and the sway bar. I ordered my sway almost three weeks ago. The NY dealer I ordered from had to order it from the national warehouse.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
We delayed picking up out new iQ until tomorrow, the salesman/dealership promised they would be in by Wednesday.
Well, apparently they are not available, and it seemingly takes an act of God and some sort of special paperwork just to even order them.

Where have they all gone?

It is gonna take at least 2 weeks to get them in (so they say) and I will have to take the car back so they can swap them.

What other vehicle do they use these on?

Do you think it is fair to ask for the old steel wheels as some sort of compensation for the wait and return trip?
Sorry to hear bout the wheel issue Micky,ans as stated,the steel is yours and should remain to me,I Myself,if iI had allready paid or had financing in place iI would demand the exact amount back and go buy yoursel a FINEset of rims aftermarket se of BEUTIES that will by far compliment the iq aesthetically than their alloys,and heck you will probably save yourself a couple hundred you could use to tint your windows.just my thought,but I'm different,lol.iI hope it all works out for ya friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.