Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at my iQ the other day and noticed that like my xB the front is wider then the rear. I went inside looked it up and found that the front over all is .6 inches wider then the rear. doesn't sound like much but it was bugging me. So since I hadn't put my summer wheels back on my xB yet I decided to do so and use my front spacers from my xB on the rear of the iQ. seeing as the spacers are 8mm spacers the rear stance now matches the front stance. it looks a lot better.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have been looking at spacers, but unsure which to get or how wide I can go.

I think 30mm each side would work well...

Plan on starting with the back. I think I posted a link here to a place that had some...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
30 mm is quite a spacer. I guess it would depend on the offset of your wheel. The 8MM spacers I am using bring the tire right out to the fender. If I had some weight in the back and hit a big bump it may in fact rub. But the tire doesn't stick out past the fender.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really like the look! If my wheels are 16x6.5 ET45 and I use the same 8mm spacer will I get a similar result? At the same ET does the extra 1" rim width go inside the wheel well? I do understand that lower ET will push the wheel face out further. Thanks!

·
Registered
304 Posts
My wheels are 16X5 factory alloys.
I am gonna have to measure, as I plan on lowering is next year...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Orange and black carbon fiber hood. yes. as far as the width of the tires and spacers and such I am not really sure. I would wait until the wheels are on it and then see what you are comfortable with for spacers. I think if you go bigger then 8mm you may need to have longer lug bolts or something depending on the rim. Personally I wouldn't go any wider anyways. I have 8mm on both my xB and my iQ.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Orange and black carbon fiber hood. yes.
i dont get a good view,are you happy with that colour scheme?im guessing so or it wouldnt be so,i allso contemplated the carbon fibre wrap,but i opted for paint,is yours a wrap?sorry to grill you with questions.peace.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hood was expensive and is real carbon fiber. I don't do wraps because I don't like fake carbon fiber. The orange isn't quite as bright as I would like. most of the time it looks more red. But when the sun hits it it's a nice orange and matches very well with the rest of the car. I have more pics of my cars on my cars facebook http://www.facebook.com/jaysscionxb.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
well throw me down and call me berniece,your the guy,or gal with the doors,cool.i know remember,yes i love the hood,and im WAY to thrifty to go real carbon,but i do have real paint,lol.202$

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya I just had to buy paint to paint my 5:AD lip kit and some interior pieces and for a pint and some clear and such it was around $200. it's not cheap. Mixed with the activator or w/eit equals out to about 2 pints. but still.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok I'm still trying to learn how wider rims and spacers relate to each other and this is what I found. Using the link below to calculate based on the wheel tire specs give by Visionbar I found that his wheels at ET45 will push the wheel out by 20mm. So adding 8mm spacers would give us 28mm from stock. If they are ET42 add another 3mm to give you 31mm from stock. See the attached screen shot and give your opinion. Thanks!

Link: Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

1 - 20 of 29 Posts