Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the biggest deciding factor for you choosing one? Would it be price, color, dealer options, trim levels. etc......? Whatever it is post it up here. It might help people out in choosing which one to take.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
UNIQUE,like me,SMALL,unlike me.DIFFERENT,like me.so as you can see,SUITS ME PERFECTLY.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i work in town, i want a Smart and i search small car, i fall in love with IQ and find it on used car with all options I want !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The thing that convinced me to buy an IQ was to test drive a Smart car. The thing that convinced me to buy at the dealer I chose was that he was the only dealer open on Sundays, the day I do all my shopping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
With any new vehicle I purchase financing rates and promos are actually my biggest deciding factor. If the dealership I'm going to has a a good rate and even better promotions then most likely I'm walking out of there with a new purchase.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For me its the availability of the exact options and color I want. I tend to change my mind quickly when it comes to buying things. So if they dont have the exact one I want right away I might just go buy something else. I hate being on a wait list for any vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a old 2008 Smart ForTwo owner. Driving the iQ sold it for me.

Cons for iQ vs ForTwo: 11" longer, a tad wider, much noiser engine and road noise at higher speeds, seats are uncomfortable, no moonroof option, no heated seat option, what gear am I in?

Pros for iQ vs ForTwo: Shifts and drives more smoothly, incredible turning radius, 4 seats, slightly more cargo room, better stock radio and overall sound, more airbags,

- Now, where can we order the Cygnet Seats as upgrades??????

First iQ in DC

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like small cars. My previous Scion ownership was positive. I prefer two doors over four. I love purple. I drove just about every car in this segment and it was the only one that made me smile. The interior is well styled and the materials seem nicer than just about anything else.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do you guys think its worth waiting til when dealerships have their year end clearance sales? Since I think that would be the best time to buy one but then your options might be very limited.

·
Registered
147 Posts
In my case, coming from a Smart Fortwo, it was the ability to carry 2 extra passengers while still keeping the small form factor (I have several motorcycles in my garage).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a programmer, a thermal engineer, and an artist, among many other things. I've an odd affinity for compact, efficient designs. And if I wanted a car that looks like everybody else's car: I'd take the bus.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I placed an order a month ago and will pick up my IQ in April. I live in Brooklyn, and size was the crucial factor; I need to be able to park where others cannot. I looked into the Smart 4two, but rejected it because the reviews have been so horrible. It seems like a lot of people really love their IQ's, so I feel I made the right choice.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I placed an order a month ago and will pick up my IQ in April. I live in Brooklyn, and size was the crucial factor; I need to be able to park where others cannot. I looked into the Smart 4two, but rejected it because the reviews have been so horrible. It seems like a lot of people really love their IQ's, so I feel I made the right choice.
yes you did. Smart car feels unsafe

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I took one look, and got hooked. It is the most appealing car I have seen for a long time - I really enjoy driving in it. Bought at 8:35 PM, after everyone other than the accountant, sales woman and manager had gone home. I first set eyes on it yesterday, and thought about it for the whole day. Crazy, impulse purchase, but I love it. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm stressed too much in finding a parking in Manhattan - I'm always late to come to work. I drove a Suzuki SX4 still can't fit to those small space leftovers. I saw some Smart parked on those tight spaces and I decided to buy the iQ. The first day I drove to Manhattan, viola I've got a parking right away - it was the happiest day of my life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts