Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have different reasons why we wanted it. But what is the one thing you like the most about the car. The one thing that made you chose it over all the other possible choices you were looking at. Share with everyone here what it was since I know there will be a lot of different answers to this one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Its not another "slugmobile". I'll have to say I came for the style, stayed for the pep.

I desperately wanted to support our domestic auto industry. But asking them for a car I'd want to drive is like asking the US Treasury for a silver-backed note. I'll spare you volumes 2 through 34,234,234 of that rant. Suffice to say I came to terms with turning Japanese.

Lately though, I am absolutely loving Scion's attitude about tuners/modders/tinkerers. I've had a few xB tuners from NorCal Scions help me disassemble bits of my iQ and to a person they all report the iQ is the most loaded with end-user hacking friendliness of the whole Scion lineup. All that crowded Tokyo living's taught Scion much about cramming it all in, Space Station Style.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Definitely how it looks. It might not be what other people think as good looking. But to me I really like how it looks. Its just something about the way it flows that I like.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I like the simple yet effective audio contols on the steering wheel.

I also like the total flexibility of the rear seat area for both passenger(s) and cargo...and that the removed headrests stow on the seat themselves.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i cant choose.....i like everything about it......thats why i want one. it would be really hard for me to choose what i like the most about it.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Where do you stow the back headrests? Is there a spot I don't know about? When I fold them down I usually keep the head rests in the center of the car (behind the cup holder).

I like the simple yet effective audio contols on the steering wheel.

I also like the total flexibility of the rear seat area for both passenger(s) and cargo...and that the removed headrests stow on the seat themselves.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Where do you stow the back headrests? Is there a spot I don't know about? When I fold them down I usually keep the head rests in the center of the car (behind the cup holder).
they go face down under the folded seat,with the chrome things through the crack of the seat.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Where do you stow the back headrests?
p. 39 (top) of the manual...the headrests store between seat cushion and back when folded down. The book shows to face the prongs toward the back of the car, but it work just as well to face them toward the front, I think.

I admired the iQ from a distance for a more than a year, but once they showed up in the U.S. I jumped on owning a first gen version (here anyway) which tend to be something special. So glad I did!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
p. 39 (top) of the manual...the headrests store between seat cushion and back when folded down. The book shows to face the prongs toward the back of the car, but it work just as well to face them toward the front, I think.

I admired the iQ from a distance for a more than a year, but once they showed up in the U.S. I jumped on owning a first gen version (here anyway) which tend to be something special. So glad I did!!!!
but i think if you do face the prongs forward and you have something heavy in the back there could be a risk of them poking through the fabric.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts