Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone know what the FSM recommends? Is it Synthetic or conventional? Also which one do you guys think would be better to use? I know technically synthetic is better than conventional but in some vehicles conventional is more than enough for the motor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i would go with synthetic no matter what. theyre engineered to lubricate better and outlast conventional oil. the extra price you pay when you buy them is worth the extra protection and longevity that they provide.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Interesting that the color comes into play. We used to always think lighter colored oil meant it was cleaner. Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Toyota/Scion USA IQ comes from the Factory with Synthetic Oil and should Continue to have Synthetic Oil Put Back in. The Manual also say Synthetic oil. Check your Manual and look at the oil filler under the hood this will tell you the viscosity

·
Registered
196 Posts
Guy in the video suffers from restless leg syndrome ....He cannot hold still ..........

My factory oil is getting changed ASAP at 2000+.......Mobil1 and 4 filters in hand.....8o)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.