Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is coming up in a couple of months and I've just saw that most tire prices are going up in the next month so I'm hoping to purchase my winter tires pretty early before the rush. I was wondering what you guys run for winter tires or do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
83 Posts
i used a few different kinds of winter tires and out of all of them i had the best deep snow and ice traction on bridgestone blizzaks. theyre not that expensive and are worth it for that peace of mind you will get.

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Goodyear Nordic Ice tracks. Directional and cheap. Good tires. I have had mine on my Subaru for 2 seasons and they are still meaty and ready for more action.

Nadeem

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Winter tires? You change your tires in the winter? Sorry, don't mean to poke fun. There are advantages to living in sunny Southern California. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure what choices you have out there, but I've got two different types.

Kleber Quadraxers which are an all season tyre (on the front), and then I have some pure winter tyres which are Vredestein wintrac xtreme's. Both are pretty good in the snow that we've had here, but the Quadraxers are also superb in the wet. By this I mean heavy downfall, not just damp surface.

Fish

·
Registered
536 Posts
Winter tires? You change your tires in the winter? Sorry, don't mean to poke fun. There are advantages to living in sunny Southern California. :cool:
and in sunny Southern France... when i was a boy someone tell me about snow... but i never see it (joke inside)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts