Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading what other don't like about their IQs is interesting and helpful for those who are still thinking about buying it.

I test drove one and was somewhat disappointed with the steering feel. Wish it was a little more precise and accurate.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think one test drive does NOT Provide the whole picture.
I have had mine for 5 days now and i like it better each day that I have/Drive it.
It is the kind of car that just gets better the more you drive it.
Before the test drive i had some preconceived ideas about the IQ, aND WAS NOT SURE THAT i WOULD LIKE IT .

But this car is Awesome and getting better every day

If I had to post what I did not like it would be No Cruise control, No seat Height adjustment, No lower lumbar seat adjustment, No Glove compartment

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the first Toyota iQs there was no seat height adjustment, now the new models (since mid 2010) have it on the driver side. Is this missing in the Scion??:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Sorry to say it is missing. A seat height adjustment would have been very helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hello

high there,ive only had my car for 5 days,but i can give you a few points.the tranny,wish it was manual and it aint,but we know that bying it so i aint bitching.the rear wiper doesnt have a DELAY setting and the fronts wipers delay has no toggle ,just 1 speed.to quick.compared to my last car,the cube,the seats arent as comfortable as i might like,but understat
ndable for what they had to work with.and if thats all the dislikes i can think about,id say buy it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would have to say that when i first test drove the IQ.
I was Not impressed with it handling, the car as it comes has WAY!!! to much Body Sway.

I complained to the sales man about the amount of body sway, and did not buy it at that time.

But i saw that there was a Rear sway bar from TRD/Scion, and Hoped it would Improve the car a bit to at least make it acceptable.

I decided a couple of days later to go ahead and get the IQ.

I am so glad i did.

I have to say if you can only afford one accessory Make it the Rear Sway Bar Kit for Scion/TRD.

You'll be glad you did.

I had very little confidence when taking turns in the IQ before.

But Now, it inspires confidence, and with that tight steering it is NICE!! NICE!! NICE!!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Just a couple of improvements I would suggest for next model iQ.

1. More interior lighting.
2. Seat height adjustment
3. Adjustable lighting for dash (other than the preset choices that are there now)

I've put over 1500 miles on the iQ and I am extremely glad I waited to get it. I drove to Las Vegas and back, 400 miles and it was much more comfortable than I expected it to be. The small gas tank limits driving distance but then again this car wasn't designed for long trips.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree on the interior lighting. My first generation Toyota Yaris (purchased in Canada) had two bright reading lights and a dome light. Very well done.

I also wish the car would warm up faster. (Starting separate thread on that).

·
Registered
536 Posts
No Cruise control, No seat Height adjustment, No lower lumbar seat adjustment and no dashboard light when light is off, not enought interior lighting
to much Body Sway, no rear cover when rear seat are down, no enought space to store

but, at each time i see my "Dishwasher" i fall in love
and all of is little default can be repaird (with lot of € ($) :) )

·
Registered
985 Posts
I generally choose to go through a vigorous program of driver-behavior-modification before I register any real complaints, and I am glad to say I am adjusting my preferences/behavior to the iQ just fine. I admit it's been a stretch in a few areas (like interior lighting), but so far so good. I expected challenges in the storage department, but I am slowly dialing these in, too. The seat height seems to fit my frame perfectly so the available adjustments are working fine.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i sure wish both front and rear wipers had a toggle type delay function,it is non excistent for the rear and the dellay on the front i find is tou quick.interior lighting upgrade would be nice.upon cornering at higher speeds i find myself slipping out of the seat.but I LOVE THIS CAR.JUST LOVE IT.ive allways been a fan of SMALL cars,and boy oh boy does this fit the bill.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
350 Posts
cruies control
Interior lighting

Thats all i got for now that i want. Oh i put my broadway mirror in and that made a nice improvement looking out the back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
cruise control, and I whish there were caps to replace the rear cupholders. no one will ever be back there, let alone drinking... I would rather have the bit more clearance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wish my hot Lava IQ had a drivers arms rest between the seats and cruise control. Besides those two things I'm completely in love with it!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Beep for remote lock.
Softer closing doors, I have to slam them to have them fully close.
Better placement of digital readout, wheel or hand always seems to obscure it.
Daytime running lights.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cruise Control - I make a 100 mile round trip every weekend and i miss just being able to set and forget while going over the WV hills.

Interior lighting - I thought the little airline map light was cool when I got it, but then the first night I opened the door and only then noticed that llittle light was the only light souce in the car when the doors are open. A duel unit of the current style would make this a non issue.

Rear Wiper - The position of the cleaned area could be better and if it was tied in to the timming of the front wipers would be a plus.

Cup holders - the single holder in the center consol would be better as a double unit, the door bottle holders are nice but having a second in the center would provide added space for holding ones cell phone and a coffee mug.

Speakers - the stock speakers just feel a little weak. it took some reading and menu searching to find that the stock radio has selections for what model car it is in, stock is was set to TC and changing it to IQ helped a little, so did setting the audio from "normal" to "feel", a loud button would make adding a little bass bump a much user friendly task. Maybe a 8" sub under the drivers seat would fill out the sound just right. two or three way speakers in the back might also balance things out.

That all I have right now, only owned it for 3 days and a little over 200 miles but I really like this car.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts