Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has their preferred brand of oil. So I wanted to find out what is your favorite brand or what brand would you use and possibly why you chose that brand?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Mobil 1 Synthetic.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My Scion comes with 2 years or 25K miles of "free" servicing and I intend to use that brand :) for the first two years at least. The owners manual reccomends 0 w 20 synthetic and I'll use that once the complimentary period us up. I think the brand is far less important than the specification and the period of the change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ive always used mobil 1. whether its conventional or synthetic. i always stick to mobil 1. never had a problem with before so no reason why i should change.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have been using Castrol ever since I started doing my own oil changes. Never read a bad review about them and its worked really well for me so far. I try and get the German made Castrol as its a much better grade than the North American made Castrol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have used Mobil One for years. I have never had a problem. I started using Royal Purple about 4 years ago. It is also great oil but their 0W-20 is really expensive. I will use up the last of the Royal Purple I have and them go back to Mobil One.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will be changing the oil at 5,000 and 15,000 miles, or every 6 months with 0-20W Mobil one from Walmart. I will let the Toyota dealer change it at 10,000 and 20,000 for "free"... Otherwise the "Free" service at the "fives" is just a tire rotation.

I use the 0-20 Mobil One already in my 2011 Accord 2.4L

Times have changed... I remember when an "import" car used 20-50 oil, like Castrol back in the 70's...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts