From page 44
Owner’s Manual
for AM/FM/HD Radio broadcast/CD Player with iPod/
USB/Bluetooth audio/Pandora/VTR/AUX control

"Watching the VTR
You can connect Audio/Video
devices to the system and watch
the VTR. "

What Audio/Video devices can be attached and where do they plug in the unit?
Thanks,

·
Registered
584 Posts
I saw that in the manual also. I do not recall any video in ports from when I pulled the stereo. So unless it is in the cars harness I am at a loss.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There is a harness in the storage try under the passanger seat in mine for that purpose.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
There is a harness in the storage try under the passanger seat in mine for that purpose.
If it;s the same thing mine had, that's an auxilury audio cable for plugging into the port by the USB slot and connecting to the headphone jack of an audio device. I don't think it does video...but then I never tried it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep I use that cable to connect my serius/xm satellite receiver in that port by the USB slot.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I'm not sure if everyone got the video in port but if you did it's under the passenger seat in the "tray". It's separate from the usb and mini jack inputs on the center console.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if everyone got the video in port but if you did it's under the passenger seat in the "tray". It's separate from the usb and mini jack inputs on the center console.
TAZ,
Are you saying the video in port is in the storage tray area or the cable is in the storage tray?

Please post a photo of this video in port. I'm going out to look under the passenger seat.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I don't have a picture of it, it's a black port that is zip tied to the front edge of the package tray under the passenger seat. It has the standard video/audio input. Red, White and Yellow.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
TAZ,

I can't find it under the passenger seat. Maybe I am one of the ones that did not get the cable and maybe my Pioneer Premium ain't so premium?

Also when I display the sources on the screen I don't get the A/V source displayed like it shown in the manual on page 44. CD,USB,AM,FM,AUX,BT but no A/V.
Do you see the A/V when you display the sources?

From http://www.scionowners.com/web/guest/forum-discussion?threadId=459830&categoryId=72703
check the stowage under passenger seat i have out puts from my Navi that are down there, done by the dealer connecting to the back of the radio.

So that implies that there are A/V connections on the back of the unit.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Toyota part # PT546-00121 for the Scion Audio System Pioneer CVH-2018ZT

Does the A/V cable look like this? I'm thinking/hoping that the cable did not get installed in my IQ?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
I just checked under my seat and don;t see anything but what I presume to be cables for the airbags since both seats have the same ones.

Considering how hard it was to get my dealer to give me the bloody microphone after showing them a printoff from the brochure advertising it, I doubt they're going to give me video hookups that weren't advertised.

Anyone have a link to where I can get them and where they plug in?
Or a piece of advertising somewhere that mentions video capability.

For those lucky enough to have it, does it cut out when in motion?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

See page 44 for the VTR info. Also some here have the AV cable under the passenger seat.
Cliffjumper,
You must have edited while I was replying.:)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Sadly my dealership doesn't seem to take the capabilities listed in the manual as stock. I showed them the bit in the manual about syncing with phones while I was trying to get my mic and they told me that it was bluetooth *capable* but not necessarily enabled, just that it was an option available.

I had to print off a brochure page and show it to the sales manager where it said 'microphone for hands free calling standard' before they would even listen to me.

I will ask them though, but something tells me if there's not an ad of some sort specifically mentioning video capability I won;t be getting my cable from them. I'll have to find some place to order it from and pry my dashboard apart to install it myself.

·
Registered
584 Posts
So does anyone with a Premium HU (not Navigation) have the video jack to plug devices into. A photo would be extremely helpful if this actually exists.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I have two questions.
Does my Pioneer have the port for the AV cable?
Where do I get the AV cable?
I might drive to a dealer tomorrow to try to get answers.
I asking for help over on Pioneer bypass help. - Scionlife.com

·
Registered
584 Posts
So I have two questions.
Does my Pioneer have the port for the AV cable?
Where do I get the AV cable?
What Pioneer unit do you have?
(I think you have the Premium HU)
Is there truly a AV cable at all?

The only evidence I have seen so far is what is in the manual for the Pioneer Premium HU that comes with the car. I know others have said they have the cable under the seat to plug it in, but I am thinking if they do, they might have the Pioneer Navigation HU. If they have the Premium HU, I would really like to see a picture of where the AV cable is located, so that I might know where to look if mine is 1) missing and/or 2) has a wiring harness that has a plug to accept such a cable.

When I took my Premium HU out to hook up my Sub unit, I looked at the back for a video port, wire, labelling, etc. because I saw the same info in the manual. Nothing was video on the back of the HU.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
were there any open/unused ports besides the one for the sub? The video cable posted earlier had a weird square connector, and the pic in the manual shows a lot of weird square connections. I'm sure most of them are basic wiring but one might be a proprietary video jack or something

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What Pioneer unit do you have?
(I think you have the Premium HU)
Is there truly a AV cable at all?

The only evidence I have seen so far is what is in the manual for the Pioneer Premium HU that comes with the car. I know others have said they have the cable under the seat to plug it in, but I am thinking if they do, they might have the Pioneer Navigation HU. If they have the Premium HU, I would really like to see a picture of where the AV cable is located, so that I might know where to look if mine is 1) missing and/or 2) has a wiring harness that has a plug to accept such a cable.

When I took my Premium HU out to hook up my Sub unit, I looked at the back for a video port, wire, labelling, etc. because I saw the same info in the manual. Nothing was video on the back of the HU.
Bo,
I have this Pioneer unit. I'm going to a Scion dealer today and see if they can help. I don't have much hope with that dealer since they didn't even have an IQ oil filter the last time I went.
You might be on to something since I believe TAZ ,with the AV cable under the passenger seat, has the nav unit . We might be spinning our wheels chasing this AV function especially since the AV (VTR) doesn't show up in the source display on my unit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the premium HU WITHOUT NAV. Looks exactly like the pic in the manual above and it came with the cables.. I haven't checked to see where the port is and doubt my dealer would know since they didn't even know anything about the AV cables when I bought the car. But if you look on the window price sticker it'll have written premium with AV (or something similar). Hope that helps in getting cable! I'll check under the seats later today for the port.. But from talking to scion corp. you should be able to connect a rear view camera and have video displayed on HU..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
IQATL,
So you have the cable but it is not plugged into the HU?
How about a photo of the AV cable?
Thanks,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts