Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20120507_223851.jpg

Are they trying to say that the iQ clearly depicted in this image is noisy? ok I guess it is. Just thought it was a neat ad to share. it's been in a few Performance auto and sound magazines. I do like the saying across the top of the windshield though. I think I may get that for my car.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Dynamat is used to reduce noise and vibration from your sound system. They weren't trying to say the iQ is noisy.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
It says at the bottom reduce road noise and vibration.
Stands to reason that if it works on inside noise it would work on outside noise as well. Must be a new marketing idea, keeping noise out instead of in.

·
Registered
297 Posts
DynaMat has been around for years. I used it once on my Saturn to deaden some door panel vibration.
That stuff gets awful expensive for what it is/does, but it works.
Works better for sound systems than for road noise...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So in this ad they are basically trying to say the iQ is nosiy and vibrates a lot. I have never used dynamate. itis expensive and weighs a lot. with that said I have deadened vibration and body rattle from my system in lighter and cheaper/free ways. I dislike body rattle.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yes, I think they just grabbed the coolest car they could possibly think of...and the rest is bad advertising (bad rhyming, too).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Worst part is that some ad exec or company probably got paid millions for what they believe is a great ad.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
My personal opinion is that the iQ is a rather solid little car. Noise and vibration rattle don't seem to be an issue for me.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
WHATS THAT?ROAD NOISE,BODY RATTLE?i cant hear a thing my stereos cranked.and once the new audio is in,it will have the same affect,WHAT NOISE?:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts