Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Moonbuggy was sure to be the winner, but it was hard to let go of my old Buick Century. I was going to give it to my daughter, but she loves her mini van and didn't want it. I thought I'd keep it and drive her on weekends and for trips but she has sat and sat for the last four months only to be driven once and awhile. Was it difficult for any of you to let go of your previous car ? I put her on Craigs list and had a serious offer in less than a week ! I looked at them and said are you kidding ? I came Soooooooo close to changing my mind about selling her, but I didn't and she's gone. Now my Buggy is my next Love Affair that I hope lasts as long as the Century did, over 15 years and 151,000 miles.

Ps: This picture is before I got my new rims and plates on the Buggy.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
No, I did pretty well with giving up my previous rides...two MINIs and then a Yaris. I had been waiting and watching for the iQ for well over a year, so once it arrived I was really ready to own one. That said, I think after 15 years it makes sense that one gets attached...I look forward to doing this with my iQ.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My Honda Fit started felling too big for me and I love the styling/size of the iQ. On trading it in I actually made money on it.So it wasn't hard to let it go at all. I just wish I got the 30mpg out of the iQ that I got out of the Fit.

·
Registered
351 Posts
nah.. i was never in love with my car. it was a gift so i'm keeping it for sentimental purposes. on the other hand, total psyched that I finally have an orange car :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was happy to trade in my old Accord. It was a very good car that never needed work, but it was boring as can be. I think the only car I ever missed was my old Honda Prelude Vtec. Loved that thing!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I was misinformed that the IQ was going to be released in north america THE SAME TIIME as europe, so i was ready to purchase it about 4 years ago, then to my HORROR found out that sure wasnt the case, AT ALL.so i was going to buy a brand new car then and trade it in for the IQ if and when it came out.i google searched unique vehicles coming out in 09, and the nissan cube came up, so like the iq i bought it sight unseen, it was s ugly it was cute, kinda like me when i was born, the roominess was amazing and the ride was comfortable, was gunmetal grey and of course a sattan black hood.IT WAS THE BIGGEST GAS PIG i have ever owned.like the iq i drove it hard, jumped it at the river and did great burnouts.i got average 19 MPGs, seriously.so when i learned the iq WAS coming out, i had money down a year in advance, was even willing to take an 8500$ neg. Equity hit on trade in.so by the time my IQ is paid for it will have cost me 42000$, and id do it again in a second.I DO miss how roomy the cube was though.END OF STORY.peace. Brent.

·
Registered
353 Posts
"so by the time my IQ is paid for it will have cost me 42000$, and id do it again in a second.I DO miss how roomy the cube was though.END OF STORY.peace. Brent."

$42,000?
And now your name is Brent? WTF times two.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
"so by the time my IQ is paid for it will have cost me 42000$, and id do it again in a second.I DO miss how roomy the cube was though.END OF STORY.peace. Brent."

$42,000?
And now your name is Brent? WTF times two.
HA HA. UNless i chose to pay it off sooner.the 8500$ neg equity from the trade in of the cube was rolled into new loan for the IQ, So once the 6 yr.term is up, thats what it will have cost me.you.IVE BIN THROWING MONEY AWAY ALL MY LIFE, at least this time i got something WILD to show for it.you can call me whatever you like, JUST NOT BERNIECE ON A THURSDAY.have a great week.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It was a little hard to get rid of my "old" car because it wasn't so old and I really liked it - 2011 Ford Fiesta SES (hatch). I just liked the look of the iQ more and even ended up taking a loss for the trade in. If you knew what I paid for the iQ, some of you would think I'm crazy. And, perhaps I am.... for now, I think I made the right decision.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It was a little hard to get rid of my "old" car because it wasn't so old and I really liked it - 2011 Ford Fiesta SES (hatch). I just liked the look of the iQ more and even ended up taking a loss for the trade in. If you knew what I paid for the iQ, some of you would think I'm crazy. And, perhaps I am.... for now, I think I made the right decision.
As long as you're happy that's all that matters:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I kept my Honda Element for winter driving. As much as I love my little iQ, its never going to make it out of my driveway in the snow (I can barely get out with the AWD Element). I miss my big blue box but it feels like I'm driving a tank when I take it out. I loaned it to my sister for a while so it doesn't atrophy (she needed it to get to work as she has a 17 year old boy 'borrowing' her car every day). I'm surprised that I don't miss it more.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm not so worried about Winter, even in New England. They do a pretty good job on the roads I take to work and that's the only thing I care about. When I lived in Delaware they did a terrible job, but up here everything generally gets cleared up quickly so no snow piles. I've read a review of the iQ in Winter and it did surprisingly well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nope! I went from a little short bed Nissan four banger I had bought new, had a low speed noise from the diffrential that the dealer would not repair and got only 17 MPG around town.
Now I get 50'ish MPG around town and can carry all I need and then some.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This statement makes me very, very nervous. :(

No! This wasn't a statement on poor snow performance by the iQ. Its a statement on the horrible, snowy mess that is my long, steep driveway. High incline, 600 yards, dirt road. We (there are two houses up here) get stuck in pick-up trucks.

Don't worry until there's cause to worry!

·
Registered
24 Posts
We could be neighbors, i kept the truck (the tank) because of my xtra-steep, xtra-long driveway. we have a point at about half-way that we call "the point of no return" . . . . because if you haven't made your mind up to go down or not - YOU'RE GOING DOWN REGARDLESS !! i've gone down sideways - turning backwards sliding on ice until i reach the county road. Yikes . . . the iQ will stay safely in it's little warm bed during "weather".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts