Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i find this on Facebook : We have some cool performance parts on the way for the iQ like a performance intake, pistons high and low compression, turbo kit and even a racing crank!! Visit www.ToyBoxRacingStore.com

may be it can help someone :cool:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sounds potentialy promising, but I'm not sure how I feel about vendors who freely use such "colorful language" on their website. Reeks of unprofessionalism....as does the somewhat dodgy finish on some of their pieces. Less swagger, more substance please.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Start down the path of these type mods to the engine and walk the path of "Whats going to fail next?".....You will be breaking one thing after another....

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think I will adopt a "wait and see" stance on this place.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm kinda waiting to see what the TRD folks come out with engine-wise. That said, I'm not sure getting more hp out of this engine is really worth it...seems perfectly fine "as is" for a city car. I mean, does having a fast iQ really count for anything?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am sure Toyota has way better labs and test facilities than any of these so called speed shops....not to mention tens of thousands of hours and miles of feedback from overseas on this engine......and have honed it to be the best reliable engine it can be for the price....and application.

Its NOT a muscle car.....I would do a air filter or exhaust maybe,....but I will not be busting into the internals.....thinking I can make it better....

And ...with new found torque and HP .....keep in mind the CVT was not made for more than stock HP and torque .(nor the stability control...so now its programming and parameters are screwed)....So when you blow the engine out to 130 HP and toast your tranny....Or barrel roll your car ..then what?...

Just something to consider.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldn't expect any performance mods from TRD for the IQ. Just doesn't make sense. The R&D cost versus net sales simply won't work in a niche / low production vehicle.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Perhaps there's a reason TRD has no engine mods for the iQ. However, their suspension mods are top notch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts