Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When stopped at a red light (i.e. engine warmed up, not in Park), I can feel low/mid vibration coming through the seats. If I place my hand on the empty front passenger seat, there's a low but noticeable vibration coming through as well. Is this normal, please? This is a fairly new car (1+ week old).

·
Registered
353 Posts
WarblingLady,
Welcome to the forum assuming that this is not a trolling lady. The definition of a warbling lady is found in the urban dictionary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Umm...I came here asking for help, barnone. I appreciate you pointing out that the name is...unfortunate so thank you for that. However, I don't think my question here is particularly trollish and I don't believe I need to prove that I'm "real".

·
Registered
353 Posts
Warbling,
Sorry.Just kidding. Ask away. We like photos.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fair enough. :) I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, I need to find a way to change my login name. That'll learn me to run it by Urban Dictionary first for next time...

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'll try to be more aware to see if there is any vibration. Not sure what you were driving prior to the iQ...perhaps the iQ just idles differently? On the other hand, do you notice your revs fluxuate when you come to a stop...an unusual drop perhaps? I ask this because I get unexplainable higher idle revs when I turn on my aircon in certain conditions (nothing alarming though)...the engine/computer seems to know its business.

In any case, if it were me I would only be looking for enough information to take to the dealership technicians. They may not be much help, but if there is a problem they are probably the only ones who can help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll try to be more aware to see if there is any vibration. Not sure what you were driving prior to the iQ...perhaps the iQ just idles differently? On the other hand, do you notice your revs fluxuate when you come to a stop...an unusual drop perhaps? I ask this because I get unexplainable higher idle revs when I turn on my aircon in certain conditions (nothing alarming though)...the engine/computer seems to know its business.

In any case, if it were me I would only be looking for enough information to take to the dealership technicians. They may not be much help, but if there is a problem they are probably the only ones who can help.
I agree with gokartride - the only hope you have at this time is the service tech. Good luck and please keep us informed.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I paid more attention durng my morning drive-about (even turned the radio off) and yes, I can feel some minor vibration in the passenger seat from the engine idling, but nothing abnormal or noteworthy. Now with any other car I'd say find another owner and take a spin to see if your cars feel similar, but I think we all know that is near impossible with an iQ (unless you live in Socal). :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Some vibration is normal....there is 100's of lbs of metal churning inside that engine and tranny....Air con can make it worse.....and it is normal for the air con to raise the rpms.....the computer knows it needs more HP to deal with the load....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts