Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
For example... The wheels (in the pic) are 18"s and come in 4x100 (which is what you need)... and I think they would look sick on any of our cars, no matter what color. The guy emailed me and said he "had them in stock" too. They probably get imported, but whatever. Sick wheels!!!

The url is: wheelsmotion (dot) com and the dude's email address is: [email protected]
You can look at the other rims he has on the site, but these as you see them are $480... You'll have to shop for tires, but I can tell you a good size and you'll still need lugs and junk... but even if you just get the rims you want and bring them somewhere local, they can hook you up with a proper install and the small things you need. Remember, this is all supposed to be fun at the end of the day.​
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think if you went with lighter wheels you might get better mpg... but it's kind of a trade off. When I had my stock wheels I felt like I got stuck/pulled into more ruts. That could have been because of how narrow they were, so maybe going wider and staying light would be cool.

I also kind of like having a little more rolling mass. I think of it like this: when you throw a ball of paper it slows down quick, but when you throw a tennis ball/baseball it carries better. I'm not sure if the heavier rims help the car in the same way, but I can feel a difference.

Pretty much, I think light wheels will help you accelerate faster and stop faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts