Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Still looking for the perfect rims for me...they have to look right on my Blizzard Pearl iQ and be under 18 pounds. I'm thinking something with a polished rim would be good...same size as OEM. I'm in no hurry....perfection (for me anyway) is worth waiting for.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You can look at the other rims he has on the site
Thanks so much...I will investigate!!! I did the sway bar this year...maybe the new wheels next year. It is definitely on my list. I generally like to keep things very OEM, but I'm very curious to see how nimble the iQ would be with 11-15 lb. wheels!! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Pretty much, I think light wheels will help you accelerate faster and stop faster.
I think you are right, and you bring up some other good points as well that I had not considered. It'll be an interesting investigation. One thing I am unclear on is the rough cost of dealing with the tire pressure sensors....I have never had to do that before because the car in question either a) didn't have them or b) used a different system (ABS sensors). Once I find the right wheels I suppose I'll get motivated to dig more into the other details since I'm not sure right how many other variables will be involved regarding wheel/tire size/width.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts