Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought my iQ and I want to change the stock rims with aftermarket. Im short on cash so I don't want to purchase new tires for the new rim. Are there any rims out there where I can transfer the stock tire onto the new rim. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just recently bought my iQ and I want to change the stock rims with aftermarket. Im short on cash so I don't want to purchase new tires for the new rim. Are there any rims out there where I can transfer the stock tire onto the new rim. Thanks in advance.
The stock rims are 16X5. The bolt pattern is 4X100 I believe.
Good hunting...

·
Registered
297 Posts
My rims from the dealer are on backorder until the 14 of April.
I don't know where else you can get these particular rims, but there are plenty of aftermarket rims that will fit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Like Micky, my back ordered rims from the dealership have been back ordered for the 4th time now to 14 April (as of yesterday). Maybe there is a cargo container ship with parts and accessories for the IQ due in?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Like Micky, my back ordered rims from the dealership have been back ordered for the 4th time now to 14 April (as of yesterday). Maybe there is a cargo container ship with parts and accessories for the IQ due in?
Not sure really, except I delay shooting pix of the iQ until I get the wheels mounted.

This wait is KILLING me!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not sure really, except I delay shooting pix of the iQ until I get the wheels mounted.

This wait is KILLING me!
Just stopped by the dealership for a "guess-ta-mate" update: now they say sometime between the 23rd and the 27th, but at least it's still April ;-)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have some cool hubcaps coming for my iQ
Here is a picture of them.
After I get enough saved up for rims I will have this style rims.
I really hate the large 41kAp0gaToL._SL500_AA300_.jpg silver ones they put on it !

·
Registered
985 Posts
Still looking for the perfect rims for me...they have to look right on my Blizzard Pearl iQ and be under 18 pounds. I'm thinking something with a polished rim would be good...same size as OEM. I'm in no hurry....perfection (for me anyway) is worth waiting for.

·
Registered
273 Posts
For example... The wheels (in the pic) are 18"s and come in 4x100 (which is what you need)... and I think they would look sick on any of our cars, no matter what color. The guy emailed me and said he "had them in stock" too. They probably get imported, but whatever. Sick wheels!!!

The url is: wheelsmotion (dot) com and the dude's email address is: [email protected]
You can look at the other rims he has on the site, but these as you see them are $480... You'll have to shop for tires, but I can tell you a good size and you'll still need lugs and junk... but even if you just get the rims you want and bring them somewhere local, they can hook you up with a proper install and the small things you need. Remember, this is all supposed to be fun at the end of the day.​
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
985 Posts
You can look at the other rims he has on the site
Thanks so much...I will investigate!!! I did the sway bar this year...maybe the new wheels next year. It is definitely on my list. I generally like to keep things very OEM, but I'm very curious to see how nimble the iQ would be with 11-15 lb. wheels!! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think if you went with lighter wheels you might get better mpg... but it's kind of a trade off. When I had my stock wheels I felt like I got stuck/pulled into more ruts. That could have been because of how narrow they were, so maybe going wider and staying light would be cool.

I also kind of like having a little more rolling mass. I think of it like this: when you throw a ball of paper it slows down quick, but when you throw a tennis ball/baseball it carries better. I'm not sure if the heavier rims help the car in the same way, but I can feel a difference.

Pretty much, I think light wheels will help you accelerate faster and stop faster.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Pretty much, I think light wheels will help you accelerate faster and stop faster.
I think you are right, and you bring up some other good points as well that I had not considered. It'll be an interesting investigation. One thing I am unclear on is the rough cost of dealing with the tire pressure sensors....I have never had to do that before because the car in question either a) didn't have them or b) used a different system (ABS sensors). Once I find the right wheels I suppose I'll get motivated to dig more into the other details since I'm not sure right how many other variables will be involved regarding wheel/tire size/width.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts