Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
just finished going through everything. now i have some decisions i need to make. before i was always turbo this, turbo that. now i might have to rethink a bit. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good to know. This was always somthing I wanted to know more about, mostly so I know what to search for and what to order.

·
Registered
416 Posts
thanks to the search bar I founf this...I was going to ask which was better for our tiny engines...turbo or screw supercharger...has anyone in this forum yet done FI on their iQ's?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the motors that are
turbo or super charged have low compression motors by design for reliability reasons..
Our iQ's have a 11.5 to 1 compression ratio, relatively high, and therefore not a good
candidate for this type of upgrade, you'd be asking for trouble.

·
Registered
416 Posts
A tech friend of mine said its doable wothout having to change internals but just up to 7psi due to compression ratio as you said...more than that means changing internals.

·
Registered
540 Posts
In my opinion I seriously doubt that it will do much of anything but make some noise. The amount of air that would be sucked into the air intake would be much more than what this little fan would be supplying. In their demo of the air output. It was hardly enough to push a roll of tape down the floor or blow over a 2x4.

·
Registered
416 Posts
First of all I think engine should be reinforced and convert to low compression...and if I was doing it I would look for a manual tranny that fits...call me ignorant but for me CVT's are not made for FI. But hey maybe I am wring right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts