Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about using black reflective tape or a decal on the back window of my iQ for better visibility at night. I was searching the internet for more info and came across a couple of interesting examples. I think someone needs use reflective tape on an iQ the way this Smart car owner has. Tron iQ! Haha. Who's up for it?:

My SmartTron idea: Pinstriping - Page 5 - Smart Car of America Forums : Smart Car Forum

Actually, the look of the white tape on white almost makes me wish I got a white iQ:

Being Seen At Night Spyder - Updates - can-am Spyder Forums - SpyderTalk.com

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Man...if I can't get red, at least now I know what to do with a black one.

And they did make a black version of Cliffjumper in Japan...for a year or two...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
HAHAHAHA HAHAHA wait. HAHAHAHAHA That's my old SmartCar!! HAHAHAHAH HAHAH oh, my side hurts. HAHAHA!
HEY HEY,its RexIQ,bin wondering where ya had bin,good to see your still with us,hows the IQ treatin ya.you obviously left a lasting impression on here,were still reffering to you and your RIDES.LOL.

·
Registered
147 Posts
HEY HEY,its RexIQ,bin wondering where ya had bin,good to see your still with us,hows the IQ treatin ya.you obviously left a lasting impression on here,were still reffering to you and your RIDES.LOL.
Been busy enjoying my iQ. Camping (once a month with the iQ or on a motorcycle -- my new year's resolution), gym workouts, racquetball, hiking, socializing, work, etc. Thanks buddy!

I thought about doing the same thing to my iQ but with white reflective tape this time. It will work like how it did on my SmartTron with black. ;)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
what width of tape were you using, and was iit hard to make ti curve smoothly for like the fenders and such?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cliffjumper, the original posts I found described using a hairdryer to heat up the tape to make a curve. I'm sure Rex can give you more details.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts