Scion IQ Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
These are about $40 from Harbor Freight and they work, but it's best to bolt it down to a pallet or something. That's kind of a pain. The owners manual says it'll take up to 16" light truck tires. I've only used mine once.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks BigBlue for finding that video! It’s nice to see how they work. I’m really worried I would damage the finish on the wheels with those tools. As I think I noted I need something for 17” wheels with 235/45R17 tires. Will update on what I end up doing...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I now have a spare tire. It takes up half the rear end, but I won't have to pump that slime crap into the tire. I didn't mess with my Harbor Freight tire changer and took the tire and new Scion xB rim to the Goodyear shop. They charged me $28 and I thought that was a little steep. CarMax gave me a jack and lug wrench when I told them I didn't get one with the car. I may eventually get 3 more rims and change the car to 15 inch wheels, but these current tires are going to last a long time at the rate we rack up miles (about 500 miles per month).

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I'm finally getting around to start working on the iQ again. I got an Autel TPMS tool and triggered all four sensors. One does not trigger at all, just says failed.

Anyone know if there is an aftermarket sensor that doesn't wake up, but only when in motion? Or is it for sure a bad sensor? I ordered a replacement sensor from Amazon and maybe will get it replaced....

Should really start on the rear disc conversion weather is getting better. (I will bump that thread when I start)...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Should really start on the rear disc conversion weather is getting better. (I will bump that thread when I start)...
Oh my, almost forgot you are working on brakes. I put my Audi S4 on a lift back in August to change the clutch. Just walked by the garage yesterday - yup, still there, on QuickJacks, transmission on the floor. By the time I get back to it, it would be too hot in the garage to do any work.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Oh my, almost forgot you are working on brakes. I put my Audi S4 on a lift back in August to change the clutch. Just walked by the garage yesterday - yup, still there, on QuickJacks, transmission on the floor. By the time I get back to it, it would be too hot in the garage to do any work.
Don't have garage space to spare for the iQ. Lucky you.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Suffices to say that failed to ping sensor was bad. I had it replaced at a local Walmart, installed the loose wheel, and reprogrammed it into the car. The new Dorman sensor reads just fine just like the other three...

41 - 48 of 48 Posts