1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
985 Posts
Interesting trim levels they have available...not heard anything about that for the Scion interation. Frankly, this concerns me as I do not want a gadget-ed up car and I think they may try to sell them all this way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting trim levels they have available...not heard anything about that for the Scion interation. Frankly, this concerns me as I do not want a gadget-ed up car and I think they may try to sell them all this way.
Well the "Tuna" concept blew chunks all over everyone's shoes and got kicked out of the party, before it arrived! Now we get a look at the well dressed IQ. Is the FE equally as well endowed?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Is the FE equally as well endowed?
Last I heard the U.S. bound iQ will have the Yaris (or similar) engine which is a good performer and will provide plenty of oomph for U.S. roads, especially in a lighter car. Thing is, the FE is very good but not over-the-moon impressive. Perhaps they will tweak.

Seems any discussion about the iQ and FE moves quickly into hybrid and/or electric iterations, so personally I am expecting the Yaris lump to be pretty much it. I confess, an electric iQ sounds yummy given all that torque (and Toyota's relationship with Tesla).

Still, rumors are rumors.....ya never know what will actually show up in the U.S.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My salesperson said that the IQ will come in only one trim level, and that any/all options will be dealer-installed – typical of Scion. He said that there is still discussion about whether to offer a manual transmission in addition to the CVT. I like the UK-style seats very much, and wish that such upgrades could be had here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My salesperson said that the IQ will come in only one trim level, and that any/all options will be dealer-installed – typical of Scion. He said that there is still discussion about whether to offer a manual transmission in addition to the CVT. I like the UK-style seats very much, and wish that such upgrades could be had here.
It will be the iQ3 and it will have the 1.33 l engine.I have not heard anything about a transmission issue, I would think there will be manuals as there are all over the globe. If only automatics I will probably decline taking delivery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts