Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wonder if this been asked before but does anyone here thinking of or already did add the red "S", "TRD", or VVT-i badges to their iQ? After all the Scion iQ has the "sport" gearing. I was thinking of the "VVT-i" emblem from ebay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone on hear has such an emblem but is on the side door under the mirros and looks great IMO.
Man I love to see pictures. I hope that person sees this thread and post pictures. Anyway I probably should wait till I upgrade the rims before adding any badges if its going to look proper.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Man I love to see pictures. I hope that person sees this thread and post pictures. Anyway I probably should wait till I upgrade the rims before adding any badges if its going to look proper.
propers up to you? go ahead,and thats a much THRIFTIER mod than the rims right off the batt.im sure theres a thing or two on my IQ that some may not think is proper,,,,OH.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I believe in staying somewhat true to what your vehicle actually is. There
is no such thing as an IQ "S" model, so to me, I would not badge it that
way....or with any other badge that could not be "factory"....people in
the know, will know.

That said, I also believe that if TRD makes any part/s for our IQ's, and
we have that part or parts installed, then we are justified in using the
TRD badge if we so desire....it's legitimate.

I have the TRD rear anti-sway bar installed on mine, TRD shift knob, TRD
center caps, front and rear TRD badges, and a TRD console badge. If and
when more TRD parts are made for our cars, I will probably be installing
those....

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I vote for removing the two Scion badges and replacing them with Toyota badges. After that, you just have to add the Toyota lettering on the left side of the hatch (same size as our Yaris) and you now have the Toyota iQ as it has been sold since 2009.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I vote for removing the two Scion badges and replacing them with Toyota badges. After that, you just have to add the Toyota lettering on the left side of the hatch (same size as our Yaris) and you now have the Toyota iQ as it has been sold since 2009.
So tempted to do that! I rebadge my Yaris as a Vios (SEADM) since Belta(JDM) was too expensive so I have a Toyota lettering just lying around my Vios' glove compartment.

I like the Scion badge too much though

·
Registered
120 Posts
I unbolted the entire top row of the bumper and the first 3 or 4 bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Then I slightly tugged near the wheel well and popped out the holding bolt inside the wheel well. Then pulled the bumper off slightly and pushed my hand behind the bumper and put on the TRD emblem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.