Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Torque Pro on my phone and ordered a OBD bluetooth dongle from eBay. I was wondering if anyone has here has tried this setup on the iQ yet.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Until I read this thread I had never heard of Torque Pro. Sounds like a great app. Can you supply a link to the dongle you purchased on eBay? Sounds like another toy I would like to try.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dong is due to be delivered today I'll try my best to try it and get bck to you guys but I'm a little dunk right now. I'm pleased to see it sent from Brooklyn, NY and out for delivery so soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it and the OBD connector on our car is in a precarious location with this adapter it sticks way out and I could easily accidently kick the adapter getting in and out of iQ. I did see other adapters that were shorter than one I got but it worked it's paired and I placed call through the car while getting the OBD data in Torque Pro from the car at same time. The units lights went off when car was turned off so I don't know if it is still drawing power or not but they went nuts when program was running. I don't know how useful having this will be and may just end up taking out the adapter as the OBD port is mounted on some wiggly flimsy plastic (they didn't even include a cover on port) and afraid I'll hit it getting in or out of car and damage the port (got to have that for eruptions inspection).

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I'll take a look and see if there is a place we can relocate the OBD port to.

Here's a lengthy video I found that shows many of the things you can do with the Torque Pro app.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm running Torque Free with a Bluetooth Dongle on my Android. Works great, but doesn't report all stats (Fuel Level). I've always had issues with Torque showing the correct MPG (you need to enter the weight of the car in kg, and engine since in L [1.3]). Yes kg.

Its a great tool to use when you have a check engine light, or if you own a car without an RPM display (Smart ForTwo).

Cheers.

·
Registered
536 Posts

Originally Posted by iqindc
I've always had issues with Torque showing the correct MPG (you need to enter the weight of the car in kg, and engine since in L [1.3]). Yes Kg.

if you hab problem with that:

weihgt 1KR-FE 1210 Kg (2667lb.)
weihts 1NR-FE 1270 Kg (2799lb.)
weight 1ND-TV 1285 Kg(2832 lb.)

i hope this can help you.​
My Toyota is Fantastic

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those seem quite high. I'm reading that the Curb Weight of the US Scion iQs are around 2127-2172lbs. I think those maybe Weights in France?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts