Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 2/20 Delivery This Week IQ Torn

I've been driving a 2009 Yaris and the lease is due at the end of the month. I frequent the Yaris forums, if anyone came over? I like the Yaris, I don't really love it. I'm torn on leasing a new IQ or waiting for the Prius C. Obviously the most financially attractive option is to purchase the Yaris outright since it only has 22,000 on it. I live in northeastern Ohio so I always have to factor in unpredictable winters.Thoughts? Anyone else in a similar situation?Just test drove one this morning. Fantastic little car. Couple thoughts:Bigger than I thought on both the exterior and interior. Just about as wide as my 09 Yaris. I like that I'm "UP" when driving, providing an excellent view.TURNS ARE FANTASTIC. Seems very stable. So much that I'm wondering why people need the Sway Bar.So much safety equipment! The Fog lights are almost a must, IMHO. It does not have a lot of pep. But I knew that.Drove her on a snowy day. Seems iffy in the snow, drove the 16" wheel.Financially it makes no sense. You can get more car for the same money but, again, I knew that going into this.Overall I was very impressed. VERY TORN. I like leasing a vehicle so this would be a lease. Financially it makes more sense to buy my Yaris outright.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
I traded in my 2009 Yaris and drove off in the iQ. To me it might depend on how much back seat you want. The iQ has lots of traction control that would probably help with winter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I traded in my 2009 Yaris and drove off in the iQ. To me it might depend on how much back seat you want. The iQ has lots of traction control that would probably help with winter.
Honestly? I've used used the back seat twice, maybe three times, in three years. My driving route is a healthy mix of highway and city. Cause for concern?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had a yaris, I liked it, but I really like the IQ, Most car's that I test drive, i look for a few things in an order of importance to me.

1. Does my right leg hit or rest on anything, and in doing so am i uncomfortable, do i have to contort my leg at all, am i uncomfortable with my leg or feet positions.
2. Seat, Does it provide proper support, this was a tough one, not enough lower lumbar, I use a drivers low back pillow for support.
3. Rear Door Pillar location in relation to drivers seat, i have driven cars (traded a New 2011 Prius) you should not have to go around this pillar to get into your seat, it is uncomfortable and a bad design.

other than that no worries

·
Registered
985 Posts
Financially it makes more sense to buy my Yaris outright.
That sounds quite reasonable and the Yaris is a fine car (my son still has his '09, I traded mine in). Still, for me there were other layers of "sense" to consider and in the end those won out as they tend to do with me (although the finances also aligned). Never drove one in the snow though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sounds quite reasonable and the Yaris is a fine car (my son still has his '09, I traded mine in). Still, for me there were other layers of "sense" to consider and in the end those won out as they tend to do with me (although the finances also aligned). Never drove one in the snow though.
At this point the only thing holding me back is Scion's lack of any promo's. I'm not Military nor a Grad so I can't grab the 1000 down offer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I picked up a silver one last Friday here in Cerritos, CA. The dealer had all the IQs discounted $2000. With discount the sticker price came down to $15,239. It came with black leather seats with red stitching and 16 in custom wheels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I picked up a silver one last Friday here in Cerritos, CA. The dealer had all the IQs discounted $2000. With discount the sticker price came down to $15,239. It came with black leather seats with red stitching and 16 in custom wheels.
Yeah. Same here. It's not enough. I'm happy to drop a couple on the DP but I want a kicker from them. No worries. I know what I want now. If I have to I'll wait, buy the Yaris, and trade her in at some point for an IQ then I'm good with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts