Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a topic I haven't seen discussed yet...unless I missed it. The speedometer has a top speed of 120 mph. Will the IQ actually reach that speed? Seems unlikely with the 1.3 engine.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hey there I believe under perfect conditions,no,not a downward sloap with a tailwind,LOL,THAT 120mph just may be possible,smooth,flat,loooooooooong straightaway.to bad there wasnt a eurpean on here with acces to the autobahn to giver a whirl.in a few months I will be taking down a quarter mile run several times for a laugh.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there I believe under perfect conditions,no,not a downward sloap with a tailwind,LOL,THAT 120mph just may be possible,smooth,flat,loooooooooong straightaway.to bad there wasnt a eurpean on here with acces to the autobahn to giver a whirl.in a few months I will be taking down a quarter mile run several times for a laugh.
Mine is not broken in yet so I don't want to push it but I did try a little speed and I could hear the engine working hard at about 75 on the fwy on a straightway. It'll go 120 hitched to a car that s going 120

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
But only around 3100rpm,still 3200 or so to go,it is deffinatley a loud endevor though,im halfway through this tank and have been driving it HARD,up to 6400rpm a dozen times and it is a loud tough sounding battle,im working on getting the worst gasmillage possible just to see.if I had somewhere safe I would love to try.chears.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Last August i was driving my iQ DIESEL very, very fast!
In Germany we have unlimited speed, but ONLY on (most) Autobahn-parts.
Outside town the speed limit is 100km/h.

The radarphotos shows (me and my iQ) just leaving the picture - the speed was exactly 200km/h.
This is the max speed on plain surface/road.
Downhill I can reach around 215km/h, but only if you have a speed DELIMITER on board, because all iQ (in Europe) have a electronic "stop" if you reach 170km/h (the wheel are not for higher speed too). 200.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
^^^^^^^ That's awesome!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice! Consistent HP at around 84. Based on the first video, I clocked the 0-60mph at around 7 seconds. LOL! Granted it's on a dyno wheel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
and that RexIQ is IMPOSSIBLE.
It is possible if a Toyota Supra is helping to push it. ;)

I did a search for the fastest Toyota car. Someone asked, "is the Supra the Fastest car toyota has EVER made???" The answer is No. An Echo falling off the cliff is faster. HAHAHA oh wait...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
but me bieng kind of a science buff,makes me wonder,i believe it may be quicker acceleration,BUT i believe the supra would be FASTER than the terminal velocity that the echo false at? i will crunch the #s.LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I was able to pull 100 mph on the I5 this weekend. The iQ wasn't even breathing hard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts