Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a topic I haven't seen discussed yet...unless I missed it. The speedometer has a top speed of 120 mph. Will the IQ actually reach that speed? Seems unlikely with the 1.3 engine.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hey there I believe under perfect conditions,no,not a downward sloap with a tailwind,LOL,THAT 120mph just may be possible,smooth,flat,loooooooooong straightaway.to bad there wasnt a eurpean on here with acces to the autobahn to giver a whirl.in a few months I will be taking down a quarter mile run several times for a laugh.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there I believe under perfect conditions,no,not a downward sloap with a tailwind,LOL,THAT 120mph just may be possible,smooth,flat,loooooooooong straightaway.to bad there wasnt a eurpean on here with acces to the autobahn to giver a whirl.in a few months I will be taking down a quarter mile run several times for a laugh.
Mine is not broken in yet so I don't want to push it but I did try a little speed and I could hear the engine working hard at about 75 on the fwy on a straightway. It'll go 120 hitched to a car that s going 120

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
But only around 3100rpm,still 3200 or so to go,it is deffinatley a loud endevor though,im halfway through this tank and have been driving it HARD,up to 6400rpm a dozen times and it is a loud tough sounding battle,im working on getting the worst gasmillage possible just to see.if I had somewhere safe I would love to try.chears.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Last August i was driving my iQ DIESEL very, very fast!
In Germany we have unlimited speed, but ONLY on (most) Autobahn-parts.
Outside town the speed limit is 100km/h.

The radarphotos shows (me and my iQ) just leaving the picture - the speed was exactly 200km/h.
This is the max speed on plain surface/road.
Downhill I can reach around 215km/h, but only if you have a speed DELIMITER on board, because all iQ (in Europe) have a electronic "stop" if you reach 170km/h (the wheel are not for higher speed too). Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
but me bieng kind of a science buff,makes me wonder,i believe it may be quicker acceleration,BUT i believe the supra would be FASTER than the terminal velocity that the echo false at? i will crunch the #s.LOL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.