Scion IQ Forums banner

What frustrates you the most when driving?

• Being stuck behind slow drivers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inattentive drivers texting and talking on cell phones

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Drivers that do not use turn signals

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Aggressive drivers cutting through traffic

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Drivers who refuse to turn right on red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely hate slow drivers, and the results from a motor trend poll shows a lot of other drivers do too.

Just imagine if America had a lot less slow drivers on the road and slow drivers that actually drive in the slow lanes and not hogging up the left passing lane. Our commutes would be much faster and cut down on aggressive drivers that react to slow drivers.

Now only if cops everywhere can be more like this New Jersey cop on slow drivers....

1. Being stuck behind slow drivers – 43.5%
2. Inattentive drivers texting and talking on cell phones – 23.2%
3. Drivers that do not use turn signals – 16.1%
4. Aggressive drivers cutting through traffic – 10%
5. Drivers who refuse to turn right on red – 7.2%

Motor Trend polls readers to find Top Five Motoring Annoyances — Autoblog
Press Release

WHAT'S AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE DRIVING FRUSTRATION? SLOW DRIVERS

Motor Trend Poll Finds Top Five Sources of Irritation on the Road

El Segundo, Calif. (May 25, 2011) – Despite gas prices garnering the lion's share of news coverage lately, something altogether different is a major source of frustration for the American driver these days. Motor Trend, the world's automotive authority on cars, trucks and SUVs, recently completed a poll to determine the top-five sources of irritation for drivers. Topping the list was being stuck behind slow drivers, with more than forty percent of the respondents in this latest poll citing this as their chief annoyance.

In fact, Motor Trend found almost 90 percent of those polled reacted against the offending driver in some way; with 13 percent reporting that it moves them to varying degrees of frustration and even anger. One participant wrote, "It makes me want to tear their license plates off!"

Motor Trend polled readers nationally via its Wide Open Throttle Blog, and its Facebook and Twitter accounts to gather the data. The poll also clearly indicated many drivers feel there is a general lack of awareness of other drivers, among their counterparts.

Rounding out the top-five list, Motor Trend readers reported in descending order, the most aggravating habits of other motorists as:

"What we have here is a glimpse of the frustrations experienced by drivers who take driving seriously," said Motor Trend editor-in-chief Angus MacKenzie. "It's clear many drivers are thinking about almost anything other than driving when they are behind the wheel, to the irritation of others on the road. Poor situational awareness and a lack of concentration are probably the real cause of the majority of road crashes today."

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am a slow driver. And I think people who try to hurry me up are assholes. Especially if they are trying to speed and ignore the speed limit. If only every speeder was taken off the roads, they would be a lot safer.

Do not ever hurry slow drivers up or show irritation. If the driver is not going under the speed limit or has compelling reasons to drive in certain lane (of course not the left lane if the right ones are available) then that driver is exercising their legal right and YOU are the one who is a criminal and agressive driver who needs to be ticketed and disciplined. Sometimes drivers who hurry others get shot- it happens a lot here on the freeways. In Los Angeles. There are also gang initiation rituals where by they shoot first aggressive driver who flashes high beams at them or honks the horn.

You have no legal or ethical right to hurry up drivers. If you don't like the way they drive, it's your problem.

If you are going to bother to respond, don't give me bullshit stupid reasons. Show your reasoning and make strong arguments.

·
Registered
63 Posts
By the way, the cop in this video is tailgating and is an asshole. He is creating an unnecessarily dangerous situation. He needs to be taken out of the police force for driving wrecklessly without the good reason and endangering all other drivers on the road. If I was the driver of the civic, I would (hypothetically of course) hit the brakes and let the cop rear end me, and then would use their video to show how he was tailgating me. The damn cop would be criminally responsible and have to pay all the damages, accrue wreckless driving points on his license, and hopefully be dismissed from his job.

The civic is not moving slower than the cars in other lanes. In fact he is a bit faster. If the civic is driving the speed limit, then the cop has no reason to do what he did - and this is also evident by the fact that he chickened out and did not pull the driver over. The cop is an impatient asshole who was probably in a hurry to get to his anti-abortion rally. (That cop wants women to abort pregnancies. He is also an atheist and thinks Christians are lunatics. That's your NJ cop).

·
Registered
985 Posts
I am not a fan of fast, aggressive driving...that seems hard to justify with all the many types of drivers out there on the road. I have no need to frighten anybody or to prove some silly point.

I also dislike distracted driving, but to a lesser degree. I can at least comprehend a moment of distraction, either from a phone call, or in-car discussion, or being lost...I see a lot of that around here as it is a tourist area and pretty complicated to get around.

What I DO like is engaged, safe, accurate driving. To me, this is what the fun of driving is all about...not speed. A nimble, light car, even if underpowered, is all I need. I don't need a lot of gadgets either...just get in the way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Motor Trend never talked to me. :)

That wouldn't be my order at all. Mine would be:

1. Tailgaters
2. Inattentive or sloppy and careless drivers
3. Slow Drivers
4. Drivers of used-up, wrecked-out domestic stinkmobiles that poison the air I breath.
5. Stupid drivers

Tailgaters are my #1 hate because tailgating is not only rude but dangerous.

The inattentive, sloppy, careless American driver...gawd! WTF is wrong with you?! With so much life and property at stake why can't you be bothered to straighten-up and fly right when you get behind the wheel of a car? 50,000 people die on the roads every year and many more are maimed and injured so you can be a sloppy, unprofessional, lazy prick. :mad:

Slow drivers...yes. Don't you worry. You're the only one on the road. No. Nobody's time is important but your own. Fuck you, inconsiderate swine! If you must drive 15, 20, 25mph under the speed limit, hang up the keys. Ride the damn bus. Slow-motion terrorist! :mad:

Here I am again, stuck behind the domestic shitmobile driver. 99 times out of 100 it will say FORD, CHEVROLET, or DODGE on the back and will be belching out enough poisonous fumes to kill cockroaches at 300 paces. It's not just that I have to turn on the wipers to see through the fumes. I pay nearly $70 to have my clean car smogged every two years. WHY!!!!!???? Why, if this clown can drive his pollutionmobile carte blanche? :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts