Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been finding information here and there on the threads but I wanted to ask all my questions in one spot.

I've been considering different options for ride height, rims and tires.

1. How much harder do the bumps hit with lowering springs AND low profile tires?

2. How does the speedometer get adjusted if the overall wheel is bigger than factory? (computer setting from dealer?)

Based on what I've seen I'm leaning toward 17" rims and would like to lower the car. I'm not sure yet if I want to spend the money on springs if it's only 1.5" drop... I think I seen somewhere that a 2" drop spring is available.

Does anyone have an image of an IQ with 17" rims and a 2" drop? I want to be sure before deciding on anything.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been finding information here and there on the threads but I wanted to ask all my questions in one spot.

I've been considering different options for ride height, rims and tires.

1. How much harder do the bumps hit with lowering springs AND low profile tires?

2. How does the speedometer get adjusted if the overall wheel is bigger than factory? (computer setting from dealer?)

Based on what I've seen I'm leaning toward 17" rims and would like to lower the car. I'm not sure yet if I want to spend the money on springs if it's only 1.5" drop... I think I seen somewhere that a 2" drop spring is available.

Does anyone have an image of an IQ with 17" rims and a 2" drop? I want to be sure before deciding on anything.
If the springs are designed well, you will not notice much difference in ride quality. Lower profile tires on the other hand are very noticeable. I don't know if you remember the Series 1 xA that came with the really low profile tires. The difference in driving a stand xA and the Series 1 was unbelievable. The stock car rode very nice for its size. The Series 1 could loosen your fillings. It did look very nice though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts