Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to this forum, we changed out the 175-60-16 to 195-55-16. It fit really nice, gave us more options, and the extra inch width looks so much better. Saved us about 200 bucks for better tires than the sole Goodyear option.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
754 Posts
Thanks to this forum, we changed out the 175-60-16 to 195-55-16. It fit really nice, gave us more options, and the extra inch width looks so much better. Saved us about 200 bucks for better tires than the sole Goodyear option.
Welcome!

Glad you've found this forum useful! That is the exact size I'm hoping to replace my Goodyears with. They are developing old age cracks. Were you able to get the store to install them on the original wheels, or did you replace the wheels with wider ones?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning,
Are you sure changing tire sizes are okay?
I think it might harm the transmission 🙄

Please keep us updated, how it worked out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have gone with 185-55-16 since I got mine back in 2012, never knew I could run 195's .....and now I know
hhaha :) nice post help for the unlearned like myself

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
754 Posts
I have gone with 185-55-16 since I got mine back in 2012, never knew I could run 195's .....and now I know
hhaha :) nice post help for the unlearned like myself
Technically the 195/55R16 minimum rim width is 0.5" wider than the stock size wheels, meaning replacement wheels at least 0.5" wider than stock are needed. But I guess some tire shops will overlook the 0.5" discrepancy and still mount them to the stock wheels, hence why I asked. I do not think all tire shops would be willing to do so because it is out of specification.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
754 Posts
I'm looking at getting wheels:

16x7, either +33, +42, or +48

Which one has best chance of fitting 215/50R16 without rubbing? Anyone know?

TIA

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good morning,
Are you sure changing tire sizes are okay?
I think it might harm the transmission 🙄

Please keep us updated, how it worked out?
Surely couldn't harm the trans since iQ doesn't have one. 😄 (Per se.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts