Scion IQ Forums banner

Tinted,20%

10K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  Ra1n 
#1 ·
so here it is folks,im loving the tint,would have like to get driver,and passenger side windows done even slightly,BUT here in canada thadbe illegal and thats not how i roll.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have bought this iQ and two Yaris from the local dealer and all came straight off with very nice tint. Perhaps they consider it a necessity down here in Texas (and they may be right). In any case, the look is super (nevermind the practicalities)!!!!!

#9 ·
i did figure that out after seeing the video you were kind enough to post.reminds me when i first got my cube in 09,first one in bc,and im told by my salseman for the iq,i was first in canada,not sure how he would get or even be bothered to find outt but thats what i was told,anyway had the cube for 3 or 4 days and went to a local car show here in chilliwack,as a spectator.at one end of the show the cars were fairly sparce so me and my boy kinda shifted a gate a WEE bit and snuggled THE CUBE between a new in 09,ferrari as well as a brand new porsche,sorry dont know the models,98% of the humans were taken back be the cube,no mods,not even rims,just the nice stock tint,or maybe they were smoked glass windows.it was very amusing,if i knew the show was on that weekend i may have registered and won a button.i guess everyone had seen and knew what a ferrari and a porshe are,but WHAT THE #%$^ IS THAT.a cube.

#10 ·
It is cool the way new vehicles, even if not expensive, garner a lot of attention. I watched the spectators coming by and looking at the iQ, lots of smiles and uttering of the phrase "isn't that cute". LOL

#12 ·
The film is laid out on the outside, trimmed and heated. The air bubbles are removed and when it's perfect the film is removed, the backing stripped and it's applied to the inside of the window. Then the air bubbles are removed again and it's done.

#14 ·
The police are pretty strict on enforcing the tint laws here. 35% is the darkest on the front windows and 20% on the back. I snuck by with 15% on the back and 30% on the front on my one car and have not had a problem. I just don't think I would go too much darker. When I first moved to Houston, there were no rules about tint. I had 5% installed all the way around on my RX-7. It was very good looking but a bit of a challenge driving at night.

I am getting the tint and clear bra done on Monday.

#17 ·
I had been toying with tinting all my windows (sans the windshield of course) with the 20% or 35%. We also have tint laws here where anything from the drivers shoulder back can be tinted as dark as you like but I have been driving around with tinted windows on my car for quite awhile and have never (knock on wood!) been pulled over for my tint. I know people who have though. Right now, on my Fiesta, I have 50% tint on the front doors and 20% in the back.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

This is what I traded in for the iQ. Hope I don't miss her too much!

#18 ·
I had been toying with tinting all my windows (sans the windshield of course) with the 20% or 35%. We also have tint laws here where anything from the drivers shoulder back can be tinted as dark as you like but I have been driving around with tinted windows on my car for quite awhile and have never (knock on wood!) been pulled over for my tint. I know people who have though. Right now, on my Fiesta, I have 50% tint on the front doors and 20% in the back.

View attachment 473

This is what I traded in for the iQ. Hope I don't miss her too much!
a nice looking car,i bet very spacious inside,are you gunna NEED or miss the room you are giving up for the iq,KIDS,ect.

#19 ·
No, actually that's one of the reasons I am trading it in. I love the Fiesta - I really do. It's fun to drive, has a lot of great features and whatnot but my boyfriend drives a company truck and they have decided to give him a small SUV - a GMC Terrain, I believe. So whenever we go out, we take his vehicle because he doesn't have to pay for gas. Very rarely do I ever have anyone in my car with me so even though the Fiesta is a small car, I still don't need that much room to commute back and forth to work and run errands, shop, ect. When I saw the iQ I fell in love and even though my Fiesta is only a little over a year old, I just had to trade.

#20 ·
I did pretty good on the small windows
The rear glass I had no luck getting the air or creases out of it. So I had to remove it and the adhesive.
the side windows are fair ! Some small creases near the bottom and to me looks kind of wavy. Will give it a few days. Might have to have a professional do it.

35% Front 20% rear

#26 ·
That's what's on my car. I asked for them to tint 20% on all windows (except the windshield) and they told me that since it's illegal here to tint any windows from the driver's shoulder forward that they could only do 35% on the front - so I went with 35% on the front, 20% on the back and it looks nice. Still a little nervous it's going to be too dark for the cop's liking but I have been working on my innocent look, just in case.

If you want to see what the tint looks like on my car, I have a video in the media section of the board. Boring video but you'll get an idea what the tint looks like.

#21 ·
Well my car goes in tomorrow to have a professional do it.
A new friend that saw my car and liked it so much went up and bought one. He had Impressions Plus do his windows and they are the most flawless ones I have ever seen ! If you didn't know they were tinted, you would think they are factory !
Below are some pictures on his new iQ 35% front 15% rears

Attachments

#24 ·
I personally would never tint a front windshield. Even though they say the top 6" is OK. I just think it looks funny. Now if they had a tint that would graduate down to no tine so that it looked blended in.. OK

What do you think of his new exhaust ?

#30 ·
Gonna finally do the tint and clearshield the front end tomorrow at my buddies shop........... It will be 5% all the way around and 50% or 70% on the entire windshield.

Have to drop her off and pick her up later :(

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.