Scion IQ Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Well my car goes in tomorrow to have a professional do it.
A new friend that saw my car and liked it so much went up and bought one. He had Impressions Plus do his windows and they are the most flawless ones I have ever seen ! If you didn't know they were tinted, you would think they are factory !
Below are some pictures on his new iQ 35% front 15% rears

Attachments

I personally would never tint a front windshield. Even though they say the top 6" is OK. I just think it looks funny. Now if they had a tint that would graduate down to no tine so that it looked blended in.. OK

What do you think of his new exhaust ?

I did pretty good on the small windows
The rear glass I had no luck getting the air or creases out of it. So I had to remove it and the adhesive.
the side windows are fair ! Some small creases near the bottom and to me looks kind of wavy. Will give it a few days. Might have to have a professional do it.

35% Front 20% rear
That's what's on my car. I asked for them to tint 20% on all windows (except the windshield) and they told me that since it's illegal here to tint any windows from the driver's shoulder forward that they could only do 35% on the front - so I went with 35% on the front, 20% on the back and it looks nice. Still a little nervous it's going to be too dark for the cop's liking but I have been working on my innocent look, just in case.

If you want to see what the tint looks like on my car, I have a video in the media section of the board. Boring video but you'll get an idea what the tint looks like.

Gonna finally do the tint and clearshield the front end tomorrow at my buddies shop........... It will be 5% all the way around and 50% or 70% on the entire windshield.

Have to drop her off and pick her up later :(

I went 17% in the front and 7% in the rear and back windows by Solarguard. Driving southbound in the morning and northbound back from work on a sunny day, I can really need 7% in the front, since the sun visor doesn't really extend that far back to the driver to block out the sun. One helpful tip is to make sure you take a photo of the front windows before the tint is installed so when the cops give you a ticket, you can go to court and claim that you have removed the tint already by showing them your photo, LOL. I know it worked from my own experience with my Bimmer.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.