Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my wheels, TRD springs, mudguards and fog lamps this weekend. Also had the windows tinted. I also installed the illuminated door scuff plates and an auto-dimming mirror with homelink (more on those later).

The spring install was pretty straight forward other than removing the steering tie rod from the strut. Broke my first puller trying to get it off, however a quick run to the O'Reilly's for a new puller and success. I'm very pleased with the drop and the ride quality, although much firmer, it isn't too bad. I've owned two MINI's that had a harder ride, so this is nothing.

Sorry about one of the pics...Can't get it to rotate correctly.

Next on the to-do list is a custom LED illumination for the door cup holders, center cup holder and footwell lighting.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looks very nice!

Just curious, how much did they charge you for the tint? If you don't mind sharing

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice, the drop and the tint look very nice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Looks very good...love those underchassis glints of red. Congrats from another former double MINI owner!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys....The tint was $200. My neighbor owns a shop in Irvine and he usually charges $300 for the 3M premium film I used, which is called 20% but is really 16%. He gave me a discount, which is good because I wasn't going to spend $300 for it. haha He did an amazing job and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks guys....The tint was $200. My neighbor owns a shop in Irvine and he usually charges $300 for the 3M premium film I used, which is called 20% but is really 16%. He gave me a discount, which is good because I wasn't going to spend $300 for it. haha He did an amazing job and I'm very happy with it.
I was wondering if you can get a discount since it's not a full car haha I guess not.
I'm not willing to spend $300 on tint either

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow...the car looks sick! Now I am wondering if I bought the wrong colour. :( I considered getting black but because black is so hard to keep clean, it would aggravate my OCD. LOL

I just saw a blue one at the dealership and it looks nothing like the colour online. It is also a very nice colour in person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow...the car looks sick! Now I am wondering if I bought the wrong colour. :( I considered getting black but because black is so hard to keep clean, it would aggravate my OCD. LOL

I just saw a blue one at the dealership and it looks nothing like the colour online. It is also a very nice colour in person.
This car looks identical to mine and yes... its a bitch to keep clean... but when it is.... she SHINES :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts