Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

David Wheaton, a morning drinker with two DWIs, thought a Smart Cabriolet might be just the thing to keep him off the radar of police. It wasn’t.

So instead of pulling over for cops on a highway in Houston on Wednesday, he led them on a charming little car chase in which his speed topped out at 92 mph, the smart car’s limit.

Police followed Wheaton all the way to his driveway, where they charged him with evading arrest and his third DWI.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well, I'm not much of a drinker, but if they pass a law about excessively sharp u-turns I think we'd all be in trouble!!! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
92 mph .... too slow to be an IQ!

·
Registered
985 Posts
The Fortwo is cute....and actually pretty smart (unlike the driver pictured above) when you consider its overall design. Thing is, I never felt their road stance was quite right, one issue (among many) corrected with the iQ.

·
Registered
21 Posts
gokartride - I'll give you that the new Smarts coming out are cute. The originals were just a bit too boxy for my taste. But I think we can both agree - the IQ is just lovely... and this driver is a candidate for a Darwin Award for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
*Followed him to his driveway. Nothing "smart" about that. LOL

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from far away and a little blurry, that Smart Car almost looks kind of cute. :p
I will never like the look of the Smart car. I loved how small it was but never liked the look - then the iQ came out and it was perfect! Hell, I don't even like the look of the Fiat 500. Too round.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Having owned a smart , I can say its goofy looking and nothing remotely as cool as the IQ . The smart used to be laughed at while the IQ looks like a real car . I can only imagine the cops laughing at this joker .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts