Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen last night when Top Gear was going off that they will be driving the iQ ,Smart car and Fiat 500.

·
Registered
985 Posts
That would be an interesting thing to see. I'll keep a lookout. Was this the show on BBC America or elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looking forward to that!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Is this the one where they had to transport a pet and James May had to put a big dog in the back of an iQ?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Meh, it;s the US version. I'll DVR it anyway, just in case it turns out decent

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bet Rutledge Wood likes the IQ. No one will like the smart ha ha. And Tanner Foust will like the 500 cause it has a manual. Who cares what Adam Ferrara likes.

·
Registered
985 Posts
It will be interesting to see what they do, especially since they are driving/comparing three small cars. It seems the only reviewers who even come close on the iQ are those who carefully consider the car for what it is. I remember one review who started the whole process by looking at 0-60 times. That was rediculous. With the iQ and other small cars we are looking at a whole other set of priorities and if reviewers get that, fine. Most do not....and I am embarrassed for them. Being that Top Gear is Top Gear, I am suspicious....can they stop inhaling the hydrocarbons long enough to look at these cars from another perspective? The UK version usually can't, so I have scant hope these guys can either. Still, I will be glad to be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
584 Posts
From the commercials, it looks like they take them to the swamp. I am gonna enjoy watching that now that I have first hand boating experience in my iQ.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yep, it will be in New Orleans and they are pitting the city cars against monster mudder trucks. Just a stupid fun piece with no real info.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It was pretty funny. I don't normally like the U.S. Top Gear, but this one was alright. The ending segment with the Trident was great. It makes our iQ's look like a limo!

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Meh. It was a chuckle. I liked the advantage cammo wrap on the smart, and the convertable roof does make it a convincign hunting platform ;-)

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
OK, it was kinda funny......But that was about the stupidest show I've ever watched. Guess I was expecting something different. Ha Ha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts