Scion IQ Forums banner

Tanabe NF210 (TNF163) Lowering Springs

9K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  yunkikan 
#1 ·
My friend helped me installed the Tanabe NF210 lowering springs today. The ride feels more comfort and less bumpy when comparing with the stock ones.
Very happy with the purchase. Here are some before and after pictures :)
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Daytime Photograph
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

- Ken

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
I ran them for a few weeks before the Air-Runner was installed. I let Tanabe use the iQ for some R&D and the installed the springs as a thank you. The iQ on their website is mine. I really liked the NF 210 springs. I was happy with the wheel well reduction, the gap on stock springs is way too big. The ride was excellent. I would recommend them to any iQ owner who wants to drop their iQ. The NF 210's are currently sitting in my garage.

#16 ·
Old thread bump question: for those who have these installed now for a bit. how is the ride compared to stock? how about anybody that can compare TRD to the Tanabe springs? hoping its as comfy as stock or better. Also, in past experiences i didnt really care about warranty but now that im paying extra for it a month, anybody know if the dealer doesnt install it how it affects the warranty?

#17 ·
The Tanabe springs are a little stiffer as would be any shorter spring. The TRD is much less of a drop so the ride could be argued to be better, hard to say since the ride on stock springs is not all that luxurious to begin with.

The lowering springs will not void your warranty. If you ever take your car to the dealer for an issue and they attempt to tell you that you have voided your warranty by changing your vehicle, they must prove that the specific change you made directly caused the issue in question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.