Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone add a front strut bar on their IQ yet? I wonder if it makes any difference at all to the ride and handling. What is the cost of labour in terms of hours required for installation?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I was told by a fella in the service department when i picked up my rear swaybar that there is allready a front,strut,swaybar,but he allso had no idea that stiffer front bushings come with the rear swaybar kit.prob. Different but labour on the rear was 130$.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The IQ already has a front sway bar not a strut bar. Can't really notice the difference with the new stiffer front bushings that came with the rear sway bar kit. Toyota does not have a strut bar for the IQ yet but Tanabe does have one.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
The IQ already has a front sway bar not a strut bar. Can't really notice the difference with the new stiffer front bushings that came with the rear sway bar kit. Toyota does not have a strut bar for the IQ yet but Tanabe does have one.
Thankyou for the clarification.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would say the rear sway bar is more vital than the front strut bar, at least as far as noticing an improvement after adding the part. I just notice way more lean in the rear and I'm basing my facts off that.

My question is, how much difference does the front strut bar really make? The front end is compact as it is and I'm not really sure how much pressure there is to flex between the top end of the strut geometry. Is this even worth spending money on?

I plan to get the rear sway bar... and then maybe I'll get the strut tower bar just to complete the suspension package... but I really don't know what to expect from it.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I would say the rear sway bar is more vital than the front strut bar, at least as far as noticing an improvement after adding the part. I just notice way more lean in the rear and I'm basing my facts off that.

My question is, how much difference does the front strut bar really make? The front end is compact as it is and I'm not really sure how much pressure there is to flex between the top end of the strut geometry. Is this even worth spending money on?

I plan to get the rear sway bar... and then maybe I'll get the strut tower bar just to complete the suspension package... but I really don't know what to expect from it.
With no expectatiions,comes no dissapointment.just sayin.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The front structure looks and feels pretty packed in and stiff as-is. I was looking into the front bar just for show, and to be able to say I've got a complete "sports tuned suspension". A $120 part for fun ain't bad compared to a $2000 audio head unit or a $99 plastic badge.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The front structure looks and feels pretty packed in and stiff as-is. I was looking into the front bar just for show, and to be able to say I've got a complete "sports tuned suspension". A $120 part for fun ain't bad compared to a $2000 audio head unit or a $99 plastic badge.
Amen to that!!! That's putting it in perspective, lmao.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Amen to that!!! That's putting it in perspective, lmao.
Yeah, well...the part itself looks like about $12 worth of galvanized steel conduit from Home Depot and some brackets, throw in another $0.12 for the glossy red paint. Its all the machining to get the fit perfect that's jacking up the price. My shop's just wood and wiring or I'd hack it. It'd probably go way over $120 budget to have a local machine shop mill even one bracket out. Might as well just shaddup n' order the @#$%ing cheap Chinese-milled part. <sigh> Lead paint anybody?

Oh, another outrageous parts cost example from my local dealer: duplicate transponder/clicker key, programmed and ready to go: $350. Feeling you've been violated in public: priceless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.