Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a wee bit excited for the fact that i have an appointment at scion at 830am to have my rear swaybar and front bushings installed tomorow,then i have another appointment at noon to have the windows tinted and the front end covered with the clear bra application,thanks again surfcitylocal,i had no idea bout this till one of your threads.i will be in their face at scion to let me take pics of the swaybar and front bushing install,and they thought they were rid of me,NOT.i aint done with them there yet,LOL.and now that i know how to post pics they will be on here for all your viewing pleasure.I LOVE THIS LITTLE CAR.actuall me and my neighbor run a rear engine dragster in the on season and just for shits and giggles the iq will allso run.HA HA.PEACE TO ALL.enjoy the lil things.:p

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics. From what I've heard that swaybar is going to be killer. I've got it on my list of mods as well.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am sure you do surfcitylocal,LOL,mine is now on,only drove home then to the tint place to have windows done,and as i mentioned in another thread,if the flat black hood was wrapped it would no longer be flat but shiny.DISLIKE.not sure on a remedy yet?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
REMEDEED,the hood will be powdercoated,taking in for estimate on tuesday.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My dad just had some powder coat work done on a street rod....did the dash and the door trims (metal 51 merc parts) and they look so fin sweet....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics. From what I've heard that swaybar is going to be killer. I've got it on my list of mods as well.
A couple months ago I installed the rear antisway bar and front bushings on mine. Seems to me that there is a notced lack of sway on those 25 MPH square cornors ;-) The car also feels more stable on the local freeway at speed too. The intallation is a breeze. Other than a torque wrench and sockets, it was handy to have a set of ramps. Only one thing on the downside: the local car wash is now out - seems that it likes to catch the left rear anti sway bar bushing which pops off the bushing boot and spiral retaing spring.

·
Registered
985 Posts
the local car wash is now out - seems that it likes to catch the left rear anti sway bar bushing which pops off the bushing boot and spiral retaing spring.
Good to know. I have had several beloved cars with strained relations at the automatic car wash...glad to hear my iQ (w/ rear swaybar) can join their company. Because of all avoided drama I have long opted for plan B...hand washing. That, however is a subject for another thread.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So easy to hand wash the iQ. Just takes a few minutes. I'd be afraid to take it to the car wash, might get lost or shrunk.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I haven't seen before and after pics but it appears to hang low , does it look like it would be an issue as far as being damaged , hitting something on the road ? It's something I want to get but don't want it to break where it connects .

·
Registered
507 Posts
Don't you already have tint on your windows?

From what I hear, you will definitely notice a difference with the sway bar. :) Do you lowering springs also?

Can't wait to see new pics!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THIS POST WAS FROM,OOOPS,6 months ago or so,i had the rear sway bar installed a few days after getting the car,my hood was paiinted 2 days after getting my IQ 6 months ago,and the window tint a week later.:eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good to know about the sway bar and auto car washes - I'm getting my rear antisway bar installed next week. A friend showed me how to wash my car just the other day. Timely advice, it seems. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts