Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your thoughts? Stripes on an iQ almost seems an oxymoron....yet with an iQ anything is possible.

toyota_iq_city_racer_1.jpg toyota_iq_city_racer_2.jpg toyota_iq_city_racer_4.jpg

Upside: wouldn't take much vinyl!! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lots of smart car owners do it , it looks good . They usually add a center exhaust . Eventually aftermarket will make parts for the IQ . There is also continental spare tire carrier and i believe the company that makes them for smart makes one for the IQ .

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, there is also this subtle little Aston number:
Aston-Martin-Cygnet-Special-White-Black-Edition5.jpg
I always thought the grillwork on the Cygnet lent itself to stripes a bit better, but who knows. Not that I plan to stripe my iQ.

·
Registered
196 Posts
hmmmm....... I think stripes are a bit wore out.....since the cooper and all.........(admit my cooper s had em)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I never had stripes on my MINIs....had a grievance with BMW over their disregard for proper and traditionally-correct placement on the bonnet and never got over it. But then again...I also never owned an S. :)

Probably wouldn't do stripes on an iQ either...it's great for a show car and all but I like being in stealth mode when I'm out on the roads. Stripes can scream, "I'm fast" when everyone knows full well that's a joke. About all I have to say in that regard comes from the glints of red coming from the undercarriage, which doesn't say "I'm fast" as much as it says "I may not slow down in the upcoming corner." Of course, nobody knows that.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I like the stripes. I think it adds a bit of sportiness to the iQ.

I am a little partial to the black stripes though, at one time my xB was sportting them...

The stripes ran all the way down the back but when this picture was taken I had just repaired the rear lip from a valet parking accident.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your thoughts? Stripes on an iQ almost seems an oxymoron....yet with an iQ anything is possible.

Upside: wouldn't take much vinyl!! :)
I had considered this but shyed away as I had not seen an IQ done yet. This is interesting ... thanks!

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
I was originally going to do those exact stripes, but we decidedto go a little simpler, save some money and not draw focus away from the autobot graphics

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
For me personally (my iQ is BP), some type of ghost stripe would be the only way to go. I have puzzled over this (because I sit and stare at my iQ whenever I get the chance), never quite sure how to handle the front end, as in where to stop the stripes. The HL iQ picured above has a slope to each side of the stripe, but that's because of the different shape of the euro grill (I like the Scion grill more). Being able to end the stripes with a straight edge seems much cleaner.

If I ever got serious about such a project, it would no doubt find its way into Photoshop well before pulling the trigger. That might help out the installer, too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
gokartride;13380 If I ever got serious about such a project said:
Great idea to "adjust things" on the computer first! Thanks!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah, you should go for it! When the sun hits the blizzard pearl with the flat red stripe it looks amazing.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used black Plasti Dip and put on two strips from the front emblem to the top of the rear license plate. With the TRD emblem on the grill I've been getting compliments everywhere I go.

·
Registered
353 Posts
if i ever find out how to upload them ill put some up
From surfcitylocal on a Windows PC:
"You can use a photo storage service such as Photobucket to store your photos. Upload the pics to the storage site and use the link provided to post the pictures on the forums. That's how I do it. Your pictures will be posted in a nice size that's easy to see but doesn't take too long to load."

I use a Chromebook running the Chrome browser and store my photos on the cloud at https://picasaweb.google.com also for free and just "copy image" and "paste" my photos.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts