Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
There will be holes.....the spoiler kit comes with a Mylar installation drill template

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Give it a chance, you'll grow to love it.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
the car just looks...weird without it, IMO

·
Registered
985 Posts
I would not have ordered a spoiler either, but my iQ came off the truck with one. Even now, I could take it or leave it, but I have come to like it just fine. I think the car looks great with or without. It was just an extra (one of many on my car) that I was willing to accept and that in no way takes away from the car. In the end it is a factory enhancement so it's not a bad thing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine did not have one on it but the dealership offered to install it. I declined becase with all the dirt and rain, I figured cleaning would become an issue. So far so good.
Should I change my mind I can always have it done but right now I don't have to worry about "The Holes" if I don't like it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I did not want the car without it.....It goes well with the rear curves

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
If you buy one after the fact you can install it without using the factory drill method. 3M molding tape works just fine.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Here's an odd question - I'm looking at a slightly used iQ. It has the factory spoiler on it, and I'm not sure I like it. Can the spoiler be removed, or would there be holes to deal with?
Thanks!
The car looks complete with the rear spoiler....take note that each of our rear side
windows on our iQ's come from the factory with a small vertical spoiler built in to
their rear frame.....so the rear spoiler just completes the look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts