Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my tint didn't show up today. So I put some led driving lights and led light strips in the grill area..

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
nice job,ive never had fogs on any of my vehicles,the list of vehicles aint to long mind you,ive allways wanted them but i think im just to thrifty(CHEAP).they look very good.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found them at O'Reilly's Blazer International AX4040K - Driving Light Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

You will have to trim the covers. Which pop right out to fit the lights in. Remove the mounting bracket. Cut off the pivot for the mounting area. Then silicone them in place.
They will point outward some as the covers are not at a 90 degree angle to the car. If you can trim real good. You can probably recess them far enough that they are a lot deeper recess and at a 90 degree angle.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The grills just pop out. Wired to running lights.
I ordered the OE style, found them for only $141 !
2012 SCION IQ FOG LIGHT KIT | eBay

Any body on here have the OE style installed yet ?
How easy was it. Where is the switch located. I see the OE wiring behind the grills. And also noticed a plug in below all the other switches in the center console area.
Is it just a plug and play style ?
Any PDF's of installation instructions ?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I have the OEM fog lights. I had the dealer install but it is an easy job.

I really like the switch mounted in the center console.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I have the OEM fog lights. I had the dealer install but it is an easy job.

I really like the switch mounted in the center console.
i must wonder where the switch would be mounted in my IQ ,if you recall i have my bluetooth activation button on the center console,so it is all filled up.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Strange. My Bluetooth is built into the radio ?
yes,i have heard this,strange indeed,my bluetooth button is just to the right of the shifter in the bottom spot,could it be because i have the base head unit?it does make me wonder where they would put the switch for the fogs? or would it be on the lights switch,i keep forgetting to take a pic of my center console for the fact that this has bin a HOT topic before,

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Yup, that is where my fog light switch is located at. I don't have a Bluetooth switch, it's built into the Navi unit. Strange, if you were to add fog lights when you purchased the iQ, where would they have mounted the switch? Hmmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Yup, that is where my fog light switch is located at. I don't have a Bluetooth switch, it's built into the Navi unit. Strange, if you were to add fog lights when you purchased the iQ, where would they have mounted the switch? Hmmmmmm.
OR if i chose to add it now,where would it go????and where it is isnt the best location,a bit of a reach and i gotta take my eyes of the road to find it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Did you get your car off the lot? or did you customize order it? I am thinking you have a redundant bluetooth system that the dealer added without knowing it was part of base radio.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Did you get your car off the lot? or did you customize order it? I am thinking you have a redundant bluetooth system that the dealer added without knowing it was part of base radio.
i had a down pymnt down for a year,i got the absolute base modell and bugged them often as tom where my car was,they knew nothing,often i would go in with updated info from this forum to share with them,i was the very first owner of an iq in canada.i dont even like the spot where it is,i am going to make another trip to the dealer to discuss this,i have never brought it to there attention,or have i rememberd ed to look for this in another IQ on the lot which i will do as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts