Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I displayed the iQ at the HIN Pomona show over the weekend. Here are some pics.

"Big Abe" giving me a friendly hand shake.

I was able to use only half of my parking space.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your IQ

Hi,

Cheers of excellence to you, surfcitylocal.

The thing that stands out to me is your choice of caliper color. Like it.

The young lady scootching beside your car gives an example of the height of the car.

Looks good, great work. :cool:

-Kooler

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes they do help keep the brake dust down to a minimum. Very helpful benefit I think.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice 3 + 1 :cool:

My crew and I were laughing at the Fremont show at how I was inspecting the girl's rears...but for snaps, rivets, and zippers that could scratch the paint. I must be so married. :p

Hm...I was just going to pull out the calipers and paint them. I didn't know you could get covers. I love this educational show! Someday I'd like disks on the rear axle too, but with front-wheel-drive that's way low on my list.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice 3 + 1 :cool:

My crew and I were laughing at the Fremont show at how I was inspecting the girl's rears...but for snaps, rivets, and zippers that could scratch the paint. I must be so married. :p

Hm...I was just going to pull out the calipers and paint them. I didn't know you could get covers. I love this educational show! Someday I'd like disks on the rear axle too, but with front-wheel-drive that's way low on my list.
We agree on both of those points. I always make sure they are not wearing jeans or something that can scratch the paint. Rear disks would be awesome. Still don't understand why Scion chooses to give us rear drums when Toyota gets rear disk.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would you like a rear disc setup sent over? ;)

Fish
That would be great! My birthday is coming up soon, well December 24th...LOL

Seriously though, any pictures you might have of the rear brake system would be greatly appreciated. I have a request in to the Scion Corporate friends I have but so far no luck getting the Toyota rear disk setup. I might attempt to make my own. Some visuals would go a long way to helping with that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The UK models have the rear disc setup as standard. If you search ebay for damaged iQ's you should find them, then just a case of getting them shipped out. If you want PM me and I'll have a chat with those companies for you.

Fish

1 - 18 of 18 Posts