Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
off eBay and it just arrived. I open the box, pull it out and it says 'Description: Toyota Prius V Cargo Part No: PT347-47110'

My first impression, they sent me the wrong net. Then I thought, maybe they are the same for the Prius and the iQ? So off I go to the trusty interwebs and now I'm even more confused.

I find this for the Scion iQ net... PT347-74110 Scion IQ Cargo Net

and this for the Prius V net... 2012 Toyota Prius v OEM Cargo Net [PT347-47110]

Looking at this, one would think I was sent the wrong cargo net and that they are, in fact, not interchangeable.

Then my next thought is open the package and try it to see if it fits but if I open the package will they not take it back? I guess this is something I need to find out.

Has anyone bought one of these iQ cargo nets and, by any chance, know the part number?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got one and installed it. Don't recall the part number. What I will tell you is the screws they used on the two anchors are far too long. They go in the two trim spots halfway up the sides of the rear opening. You replace the existing ones with the anchors. You can use some small bolt cutters or a cut off tool to shorten the screws or I just drilled into the cars body under the trim so they are super solid mounted into the metal.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got one and installed it. Don't recall the part number. What I will tell you is the screws they used on the two anchors are far too long. They go in the two trim spots halfway up the sides of the rear opening. You replace the existing ones with the anchors. You can use some small bolt cutters or a cut off tool to shorten the screws or I just drilled into the cars body under the trim so they are super solid mounted into the metal.
I did the same thing. Those are never coming out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how confident I am with drilling into the body of the car. I'll probably just shorten the screws. However, after reading the other posts by other people, I may not even have the right cargo net. *sigh* I have emailed the eBay seller so we shall see what he says.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The instructions for installation of my net said to get this information from the dealer. My salesman did this for me. The instructions say to remove the existing hardware that is positioned half way up the pillar and drill the holes where these attached deeper. (it gives a depth) this picks up additionaL structure and more strength. The screws are the right length when done per instructions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's real odd, I got mine in January and it did say to drill deeper per their stated measurements. Go figure. My salesman got the actual instructions the technitions use at the dealer to do the installation. Maybe they discovered since that it's not necessary. Time is money.lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, something's definitely not stirring the kool-aid. I heard back from the eBay seller and he asked me to send the part number off the package - so I did. Now I wait.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone happen to have instructions on how to mount these? Bohemian, did you have to drill into the body? Or will they screw in and stay in with little to no effort without drilling?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Depends on the screws that came with it. Are they short, maybe 1/4" or longer like 1"? Long will need to be drilled.
Good question. They are out in the car right now so I can't look but I think they are 1/4" with a little nubbin on it, like your pic above. How did you remove the little thingys in the holes the anchors go into?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it doesn't sound like it will be too difficult if the screws are short. Perhaps I will install it this weekend if it doesn't rain all weekend. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
301 Posts
hello guys
on my toyota iq i had installed the toyota cargo net but i think that is too small
i see that the scion cargo net is bigger...but i want to know if it is fixed on 2 or 4 point?

regards

1 - 20 of 21 Posts