Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a smart key system in their iQ?
I just ordered a iKey from Digital Guard Dawgs, which is an alarm/smart keyless entry/push button start and remote start system. Similar to some of the other high end model cars that require to have the remote in your pocket and as you near the car it will unlock and there is no longer a key required in the ignition to start the car.

Just wanted to know if anyone has installed one of these or something like it themselves. May be I could get some info on the factory wiring color codes, etc.

If you have I would appreciate a response. My system should be getting here by the end of the week.

PS - I have a 2014 Limited 10 series iQ, which is also undergoing other add-ons and enhancements.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I have the Advanced Keys Keyless entry system installed on mine. It provides keyless entry, push button start, alarm, auto door lock and unlock, remote start and a host of other features.

I helped with the installation but I would highly suggest having it professionally installed. It was not an easy task.

There was a member on this forum who had installed the Digital Guard Dawg system but he removed it after a short time for some reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whether you have keyless entry system installed or not, once you lost the key you are going to be in major problem. So, it's better to have spares made by locksmith to use in such an emergency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts