Scion IQ Forums banner
181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any change to the weight of the vehicle can change your MPG. Adding a larger, heavier wheel can reduce your mileage.
Indeed
I have 18" was on my accord now I was gonna put it on but I don't want decrease the MPG. I guess I'm looking for trade my 18" for either 15" or 16". I will put it in the sell section soon.

Thanks Taz

Truc

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey I'm diggin the 15s especially with some Azenis RT-615s perhaps.
What offset and width is it?
Wow, it looks like a little 4x4 with those super wide-sidewall tires :(

I guarantee you guys will not regret getting the TRD suspension setup - even if you stick with the OEM tires/wheels. The TRD setup transforms the iQ from an average little car driving experience to a normal/good handling experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, it looks like a little 4x4 with those super wide-sidewall tires :(

I guarantee you guys will not regret getting the TRD suspension setup - even if you stick with the OEM tires/wheels. The TRD setup transforms the iQ from an average little car driving experience to a normal/good handling experience.
I was talking about this 15 inch tire:

Falken Azenis RT-615K tires listed by size

And I like my tires not too low profile.
Kinda like this:

·
Registered
5 Posts
*First Post* Forum won't let me post a pic

16x7 +40 Rota Slipstream stretched on the stock 175/60-16 Goodyear Assurance
Not a crazy stretch IMO but still needed to be blasted.
Interestingly center caps wouldn't fit over the front wheel hubs

Car drives quite differently with the wider track, a little more than 2" wider all around.
Front wheels sit pretty flush, rear could use a thin spacer perhaps.
I'm okay leaving it as is until I lower it.

Was genuinely quite shocked at how heavy the stock steelies were when I was moving them back into storage. These wheels must've shed about 5lbs per corner.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I should post a pic of mine when I get a chance to wash her. The only mods are I installed the fog lights on the front and the little LEDs on the rear bumper, replaced the Scion badges with Toyota, and got the windows tinted nice and dark. Oh, and I replaced the Scion hubcaps with Toyota.

It's funny your wives who don't like the ride...mine hates to ride in the iQ because it's so rough and jerky. Her Prius and my Tundra are super smooth in comparison. How hard is the TRD mod to install on the iQ? I may want to do that this summer.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
853 Posts
Coming from a Smart Fortwo every single time I drive my iQ it feels so plush and comfortable!

Still trying to “see”/verify if 16x7 with +35mm offset will fit with 195/55R16 tires. No lowering....

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
853 Posts
*First Post* Forum won't let me post a pic

16x7 +40 Rota Slipstream stretched on the stock 175/60-16 Goodyear Assurance
Not a crazy stretch IMO but still needed to be blasted.
Interestingly center caps wouldn't fit over the front wheel hubs

Car drives quite differently with the wider track, a little more than 2" wider all around.
Front wheels sit pretty flush, rear could use a thin spacer perhaps.
I'm okay leaving it as is until I lower it.

Was genuinely quite shocked at how heavy the stock steelies were when I was moving them back into storage. These wheels must've shed about 5lbs per corner.
This picture is very helpful! I’ve been trying to find the lowest weight 16x7 wheel possible and run 195/55R16 run flat tires. The lightness hopefully makes up for the extra run flat weight.

BBS makes an RG 527 wheel which is 16x7 ET +35mm, per specs on their website 12.8 lbs. Enkei makes an RPF1 16x7 in +35mm (13.70 lbs per ENKEI spec) and +43mm (no ENKEI spec but TireRack says 13.55 for bronze but 13.7 lbs for my preferred silver). I guess I could run +43mm up front and +35 in the rear.

Since I rarely need all four tires at the exact same time I may try two +43mm in the rear and see what I feel, then move them up front and get two +35 if not satisfied with how they sit in the back.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts