Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Going to pick up an IQ this week and have been doing a lot of searching for 18" wheels. I'm going to get the TRD springs. Really like the Axis 5ad rims, but they want to sell me the new S6F which I dont like nearly as much as the old R6F's. So, I've been on EBay a lot, and they have Niche and MSR wheels in 18 x8, whereas the Axis are 18x71/2. Does anyone know if the 18 x 8's will fit? Does anyone have any suggestions for some REALLY COOL 18 inch wheels? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS - Also went to a Scion dealership today and I told them I wanted the TRD springs. They wanted to charge me $399 (which is what I think everyone charges), but they also wanted to charge me a couple of hundred bucks to install them! I dont think that is right.:( What is your experience? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Here in bc it would cost me a little over 800$ to purchase including install.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's what I don't get... if you purchase TRD lowering springs from Canada, dealer charges you $1035

iQ | Build & Price | Scion Canada

but in the USA, if you order it from the dealer with the new purchase price, it's only $399

2012 Scion iQ 3dr HB Pricing and Payment Calculator

That's why I am ordering all my TRD parts and Konig Forward rims in the States and I'll drive down from Toronto to Buffalo for installation.

Just goes to prove NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement) is a bum deal for Canadians.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts