Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what we have on her is 4% on all the windows and 50% on the windshield, friend also did the paint protection on the front end and mirrors for me as well. All work was cut from computer-cut to ensure 100% accuracy. Hope you like the look and enjoy .

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow... and I thought my tint was dark. lol Looks fantastic though! You may find it difficult to see at night through that 4 % though. I had 5% on one of my cars and always found it hard to see when backing up at night.

Hard to tell from your pic but how did the paint protection turn out? Can you notice a difference between that and the sections without? I would love to do this but worry that it will end up like an orange peel effect or yellow over time.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maggie, as far as the tint you can actually see out perfectly, it is clear day/night including front windshield. With the p protection is came out perfect as again was computer cut 1 piece and took about 4 hours for the bumper and 30 min for hood and mirrors. He did a chevy volt same day, my little car kicked his ass as was so curved..... lol

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
So what we have on her is 4% on all the windows and 50% on the windshield, friend also did the paint protection on the front end and mirrors for me as well. All work was cut from computer-cut to ensure 100% accuracy. Hope you like the look and enjoy .
looks great R1:cool:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Same here in VT. I could get 5% if I wanted on the back and back sides, but 20% should be enough to block quite a bit of sun.
It is illegal here to tint the side and windshield below a certain point.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Very nice, the tint really sets off that color.

·
Registered
507 Posts
nice,i allso only got the rear and small side windows done,the rest is illegal here in BC.i am NOW a law abbiding citezen.
It's apparently illegal here also however, all the police I have driven by haven't even given me a second glance. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
It's apparently illegal here also however, all the police I have driven by haven't even given me a second glance. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
you will probably gunna be fine,UNLESS,you were to give them a reason to pick you apart.I DONT THINK,YOU ARE THAT TYPE,and this car is barely capable of an EXSESIVE speeding ticket.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
you will probably gunna be fine,UNLESS,you were to give them a reason to pick you apart.I DONT THINK,YOU ARE THAT TYPE,and this car is barely capable of an EXSESIVE speeding ticket.
i am working on my spelling and grammar,stay tuned ,it should improve.

·
Registered
51 Posts
nice yamaharider i just got my done i 5% and 35% in front and loveit .... cant se me now..lol and got my TRD lowering springs done

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL Would you be able to take bigger pics where they applied all the paint protection and email them to me sometime? [email protected] Also, do you mind me asking how much it cost you to have it done?
Sure, will do............ I am best friends w the owner and trained him years ago so u cant go by me but you will pay around 400-800.00 ( lower end and the hood is so tiny so less material) and again it is time consuming.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts