Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a couple anxious weeks of waiting for my package,it finally arrived.I never dreamed my car would come close to surfcitylocals RAD RIDE,well its a wee bit closer,only for the fact that this is his old antenna.thanks again kind sir.it arrived the wonderfull pearl white so i had to prep.and paint it sattan black to match my hood.HERE IT IS.. Finger Font Nail Serveware Cup Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Sky

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice job. I'm glad the antenna arrived safely and in tact. It looks great on your iQ.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ny,i went to buy the proper 3m 2 way tape,HOLYHANNAH,74.50$for 60 feet,HOLYHANNAH,i need 6 INCHES,LOL.i took it to 604 autosound,they applied the proper tape to the antenna and i MARRIED IT to my IQ.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoo... antenna is nice but mountains in the back are spectacular
yes they surround me 360 degrees and from the east there much closer and i visit them frequently,actually did a mountain road this morning.I LIKE THIS!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd like to see that thing turned around and swept FORWARD. Ain't really going to make that much difference aerodynamically or reception-wise; just an aesthetic choice: more aggressive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I finally took a picture of my new antenna. I love it. Now the spoiler does not hit the antenna when you open the hatch.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Where did you find your antenna?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks really nice. How hard is it to remove the old one and install the shark fin? Lots of re-wiring?
I thought the same,but,it has to be the simplest mod going,even i can do it,old antenna screws out,there is a built in antenna inside the sharkfin with a few inches of hanging wire with a ring on the end,a screw goes through that and into where the stock antenna screws out,two way sticky tape to hold it down,,the expensive 3m grey two way tape.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
eBay - It was advertised for the xD and xB but fits perfectly on the iQ.
How has your reception been? Do you notice any problems tuning in HD radio stations?

·
Registered
117 Posts
How has your reception been? Do you notice any problems tuning in HD radio stations?
I actually rarely listen to the radio. I have not tried the reception since I installed it.

I keep a micro usb drive installed at all times and listen to that more than anything else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts