Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony's Crackle has released the second, and much longer, promo for Jerry Seinfeld's upcoming web show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Contrary to the placement of the word "cars" in the title and the first car-centric promo, this trailer suggests are appears only incidentally related to the program; this looks much more like comedians hanging out and chatting in coffee shops, and they needed a better method of transportation than buses or donkeys.

There will undoubtedly be some car talk, and we won't complain about whatever we'll get since it will probably center around samples from Seinfeld's excellent collection. We really just hope the show is funny, and while the promo below has promise, it looks like we'll have to wait for the show itself to see about that.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Now that was some good TV! Not sure how I got to see it...I think I "liked" it in Farcebook or something. Very "Cars and Coffee" but without the crowds.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Okay so I don't expect any iQs in this show, but Seinfeld states outright, "I like cars that feel like toys." I confess, at 13 minutes, I have watched this little gem three or four times.

Another confession, I do just about this same thing every Saturday morning with a couple of buddies of mine. Once upon a time we all owned MINIs but now one of them has a Mercedes SLK, the other is building a Cobra, and I have the iQ (in every sense of the word) :). Anyway, we meet up at my favorite little hole-in-the-wall and talk cars over a two hour b'fast. No rush...good times. Now and then we'd stop by a dealership and test drive "something interesting." That got dangerous. :) They each live 45 minutes away, so I really have no logical explanation why we do this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts