Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Ok I know what the wing is, but what is the install kit? Is it worth it. Does the wing come with the bolts or should you buy the install kit? I hate spending extra money if there's no good reason.
i think the install kit may include the template and maybe the two way tape?my template never arrived with my wing and toyota wasnt willing to do it till they recieved the template,so i suffered another 2 days.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Seriously they are going to charge you for the mounting hardware? if you want to avoid drilling holes in your iQ just use the 3M molding tape. It will hold the wing on fine.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I dont think the tape you are reffering to will do the trick.thats the tape i use for small interior pieces eg cell phone mounts and such and they still end up falling of in time.your generators are pretty light?? My sharkfin antenna needed 3M grey automotive tape 60 feet only 115$ or so.this is what would be needed for something as large as the wing.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
This is what you want to use. I've used it to hold on body kits and wings it has never failed me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tape I found at Staples was gray with red protective layer, but it was 1" outdoor mounting tape. I think they are similar. It's better than the tape that came on the vortex generator (I ruined that tape because I had to refit it).

I'll have to locate the tape listed here when the time comes. I've seen it for sale online... but when I was fitting the vortex generator I was impatient and wanted to find the tape at a store. They didn't even have it at Walmart or Home Depot... that's how I ended up at Staples.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
well... I ordered just the wing for now since it says the mounting hardware is included. I'll "wing it" without the template (see what i did there?).

I probably wont see it until next week sometime... I'm interested to see how it looks with the vortex generators... Should look kinda neat.
ha ha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.